craft fair insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• craft fair insurance

Hi Ozzie from Fraught Iron here,i`m doin a fair in june for the first time and believe i may need public liability insurance.
    Can anyone one offer help or advice on this please.
    Regards Ozzie
    Ozzie
    www.fraught-iron.co.uk

i dont know! but it would be v.interesting and useful to know the answer!
    Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Hi,

I've only just joined today but think I may be able to help.

I had a market stall several years ago and I was also selling at Country fairs.

I had to have Public Liability insurance and went through the National Market Traders Federation. Just 'google' this and you should find the info you need. As far as I can remember it was relatively cheap.

Hope that helps.

Jenny

Comment

Hi Ozzie,

You will find that most organisers will require you to have Public Liability Insurance so that you can take part in their events, it's quite common place these days. It can be quite an expense for crafters, but I think you can get a policy that will cover you for a number of events throughout a year.

It's also worth noting that this is in addition to the organiser having to provide their own insurance, which believe me is expensive! One reason I gave up organising was because when my policy came up for renewal it had doubled!

It's easy to think that the insurance companies 'can't go wrong' ...that is how it feels, but as I used to say to my stall holders ...an accident can happen totally unexpectedly in seconds and can end up costing lots of money in compensation. If the accident is proved to have been caused by you then it's you that pays the compensation!

Venues, organisers and crafters all have a responsibilty to provide a safe place for the public to visit and as such are required to have adequate insurance incase the unthinkable happens.

Shop around for a few quotes. Once covered you will be able to rest easy and get on with enjoying your fair!

Please note that I'm no expert in insurance and these are my own personal thoughts on the subject. I would advise you to seek professional advice on the matter.

Good luck.
        Fair Do.

Fair Do's!

Comment

It is so true. we have become a compo society. so someone trips over your stall & they can potentially sue you. uhg. the world is actually crazy
          Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Hi there

You could also check www.craftinsurance.co.uk for compare quotes

Debbie
            www.beadservice.net
            On-line bead supplier and bead lover

Comment

I've posted this before but I know that several of us on the Forum use this company (and no, I'm not on commission!)

The price may now have changed but I think I paid around £46 or £47 for a year's cover.

Si.

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association (CMTIA)

Underwritten by Zurich
              Tel:
              020 8554 5273

This covers you for public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
              This also covers your products up to £5,000,000 but not second hand products.
              You can use this policy for one stall a day in any location in Europe.
              No excess.

Pay by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card (there is a £1.50 charge to do this) or by calling
              020 8554 5273.
              The policy will be faxed straight away to you.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Cmtia

As organisers we recommend CMTIA as mentioned by Si.

For £48, we got £10million public liability and £5million product liability.

And we don't get commission either! (I wish!)

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

I've just sorted my insurance out, also with CMTIA, and it is still £47 a year for £5 mil public & product liability.

I'm just waiting for my paperwork to arrive any day now. They were really competitive compared to a lot of other quotes.

Hmmm... I wonder if we should all ask for comission??

Claire
                  Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                  Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                  www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Thanks for posting this, something I'm looking into at the moment
                    http://creativemakes.blogspot.com - My Blog
                    http://www.creativemakes.co.uk - My Website

Comment

Yes this is very helpful, its something I will need to research myself. I'm actually relieved to find its not as expensive as I feared!

Comment

craft insurance

Thanks to everyone for the help and advice,so very much appreciated.
                        Will let you know how it goes.
                        Kind regards Ozzie
                        Ozzie
                        www.fraught-iron.co.uk

Comment

Anyone else feeling that warm contented glow at being appreciated?! lol

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

Working...
                          X