Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all craft fair organisers ...

Hi,

I am currently compiling a database of craft events that are taking place throughout the UK during 2008 (it keeps me out of mischief!). Soon I hope to offer a paid for 'matching' service to crafters whereby I inform them of events happening within their specified travelling distance that they may not otherwise be aware of.

Anyway, I currently have approx 300 events listed, mainly form the larger organisers. However, I realise that there are several organisers on this forum who are looking to fill their events. I would be happy to include these events on my database if you so wish. This will mean you are 'in the pot' for being passed to crafters who enquire from your area ...a great form of free advertising for your events!!!

If you are interested, please contact me via the forum's email or PM service for further info or to send me details of your events. I need to know the venue and it's full address including postcode, the date and times of the event and your contact details (to pass to the crafter so they can contact you directly). You can also include other information such as cost and number of tables etc.

Many crafters who are taking their first steps into fairs are looking for events just like yours ...my aim is to help bring crafters and fairs together.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers.
    FD

Fair Do's!

Craft fair organisers

Sounds like a very good idea. I will e-mail you for details. The more info that is available to crafters and organisers alike the better.
    Cynthia
    http://iforjonesdesigns.website.orange.co.uk

Comment

Just a suggestion....

I would love to be able to look up an event and see if it's been "voted" on by previous crafters.

I don't know what the logistics are, but if you could incorporate a voting system based on:

1) Was it well advertised?
      2) Was there a broad mix of different crafts?
      3) Was the right clientele for your products coming in the door?

etc, etc,

I know I would refer to it if I was looking to book a fair that I had not been to before to get a more "honest" view of how good it was.

I'm trying to be careful with my words here, but I can think of 2 events I did last year, that if I met another crafter in person I would gladly say "don't touch it with a bargepole", but obviously you can't say that in a public place.

Does any of that make sense?
      Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Hi JBJB,

Yes it does make sense, and it's an interesting point you make. I will have a think about how it could work.

If anyone else has any thoughts along these or other lines I'd be pleased to hear them.

Thanks.

FD

Fair Do's!

Comment

Hi All,

Following a message I received I think I might have given the wrong impression in my initial posting on this topic.

Just to let you know that there is no charge for organisers to have their events listed on the database ...so please ...just let me know the details are you'll be put on.

Cheers.
          FD

Fair Do's!

Comment

Excellent idea

I'll be in touch. Brilliant

Comment

Please do Jangle.

I'ts great now the base is filling up with events. I'm hoping to be able to start offering the service to crafters in the not too distant future!

Thanks again for the messages I've had so far ...and don't forget to get your events on the base as soon as you can ...it costs you nothing!

Cheers.
              FD

Fair Do's!

Comment

Working...
              X