Craft fairs in cornwall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fairs in cornwall

hi, i'm looking for places to sell my wares in cornwall, does any body know of any ,anywhere in corwall??

i'm in cental cornwall,and can travel to most places, but can really only do weekends (i have school runs to fit in during the day!)

i've heared there are some in gweek , but they are a monday and not much help to me

thankyou

There don't seem to be as many craft fairs in the South sadly.

I don't know of any in Cornwall but envy you living there. If I ever get the chance i would love to re-locate.
    Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

It's not a craft fair, but The House of Bartlett in St Ives rents shelf space on a monthly basis and you can display and sell your crafts through them. I know a couple of people who sell through them and do quite well. Might be worth a look?
      Sarah
      For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Hiya

I know that there's fairly regualr craft fairs in Truro (i think that they're for cornwall crafts only, can't remember who runs them though, but i know i came across them on the internet!) Tinker Tailor events hold fairs around Devon and theres a monthly craft fair in Exmouth (just google exmouth craft fair) and another monthly one in Torquay. Appletree crafts (jules!) have some fairs around devon/somerset.

Hope that helps a bit, i do struggle to find fairs round the Devon Cornwall area, and usually end up travelling atleast an hour
        http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rubadub-and-beyond

Comment

thanks for your replys

i will check them all out, especially house of bartlett, that sounds good.

there is obviously a hole in the market down here! maybe i should have a change of career as set up markets for others instead!

Comment

just wanted to post a follow up

i contacted "the house of bartlett" . they no longer rent shelves, but she did take a look at my work and has agreeed to display almost all of it in her shop.
            She does charge 40% commission, but as this is added to the price i was asking for.
            so sounds like a win-win situation,
            and thanks for the tip.

Comment

Glad to have been of some assistance !
              Sarah
              For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Bude Craft Fair (I Wish!)

Hey, I'm on the hunt for Cornish craft fairs at the moment. I'm based in Bude so if anyone knows of any nearby I'd love to hear about it.

Steffie X
                Steffie

Comment

I wouldn't need craft fairs if I lived in Cornwall, the beautiful views would be enough <BIG sigh> but that doesn't help you does it, lol! Hope you find something suitable!
                  Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi, there are loads of craft fairs in Cornwall:-
                    Deborah Martyn Events
                    Alan Dibb Events
                    Made in Cornwall
                    Cape Cornwall School
                    Cornwall Crafts Association
                    Trereife
                    Crowan Crafts
                    Newlyn Fish Festival
                    Golawan Festival
                    Stithians Show
                    Royal Cornwall Show
                    To name but a few

I've heard that there are more artists/craftsworkers per square mile in Cornwall than anywhere else in the world. We're a crafty lot!
                    Best wishes
                    Carole

www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Craft Fayres in Cornwall

I am respoding to the question about craft fayres in Cornwall. They have just started running a craft fayre at the 'Hall for Cornwall' on the first Friday of every month. You just have to phone the 'Hall for Cornwall' booking office and book a table. The cost is £10.90 per table. There are sockets for lights etc: and there is a nice little buzz around the place. I did my first one last Friday and really enjoyed it so I would suggest that it's quite a good place to sell your wares.
                      Dolly Allsortsxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly Allsorts View Post
                        I am respoding to the question about craft fayres in Cornwall. They have just started running a craft fayre at the 'Hall for Cornwall' on the first Friday of every month. You just have to phone the 'Hall for Cornwall' booking office and book a table. The cost is £10.90 per table. There are sockets for lights etc: and there is a nice little buzz around the place. I did my first one last Friday and really enjoyed it so I would suggest that it's quite a good place to sell your wares.
                        Dolly Allsortsxxx
                        Only just found this. Are you still doing this and is it worth it? Something I would definitely be interested in especially as I am only a few miles away in Helston water.

Pete
                        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                        Facebook

Website

Comment

There are lots of craft fairs listed on the
                          Cornwall Arts and Crafts Directory (CACD)

Comment

mod edit

mod edit list loads of local events and fairs all over the UK. Plus they allow you to market your stuff on there too which means fairs can contact you when they are looking for stalls and its not expensive - one off fee (from memory it's about £25 for the year) - a friend of mine uses her stall as her website as its much cheaper to run and looks more professional.

Please read the rules regarding the posting of url's ... THANKS!
                            Last edited by removed10; 29-03-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

New craft fayre in Truro

The Riverbank Truro is holding its first ever craft fayre on:
                              Sunday 10th July from 1-4pm

Its £10 for a stall based on first come first served, however we are amking sure we have a mixture of suppliers. Tables, chairs and linen supplied.

This event is FREE entry to our guests. The restaurant will also be open for a spot of lunch too.

To book a stall or for any other enquiries please call/e-mail or just pop in.

01872 242 090
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X