Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Bath & West show

Hello
    I'm thinking of getting a stand at the Royal Bath & West show next year (end of May) and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of whether it's a good show, good sales and generally worth doing? I was a little unsure as it's agriculturally based and sometimes the audience at these just isn't interested in craft but it does seem to have ALOT going on and be a good all round show. What do you think?
    Thanks in advance, Helen

We looked into this and for us at least (wood turning and jewellery) i simply wasn't worth it. Our experience is that these big shows where families go for the entertainment are expensive but of very little value and getting your outlay back is very touch and go. I can imagine that they may be worth it for those who sell cheaper items and things that perhaps sell to the spontaneous buyer may do well. I know one soap and lotion maker who did well at a show we barely covered costs at. It's very much horses for courses.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Indeed! Thanks for that Pete, the feedback is much appreciated.
      Helen

Comment

I haven't done it myself, but I think someone told me recently that it wasn't that good. I do the Royal Cornwall show and it's always amazing for me, though not everyone has the same experience. As always, it depends on what you're selling. For some reason jewellery goes well at the RCS. I'm usually next to people selling soap and others selling very expensive carved wooden pieces and they don't do so well. Every show is different though so it may be worth a try.
        Carole x
        www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X