Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafts fairs - cambs, Herts, Beds and Suffolk

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know of any craft fairs which are taking place in the new year in the following counties.
    *Cambridgeshire
    *Hertfordshire
    *Suffolk
    *Bedfordshire

I normally find out about them when its too late!!

Thank you.
    Lou
    A fresh and funky collection of handmade jewellery

www.raspberry-bloom.co.uk

Hi Lou

Once you go to your first craft fair you'll make contacts and start to know about them in advance.

Having said that I tried to get into 2 I heard about and was too slow - should have phoned about them the day I found out :cry: that's Christmas for you! Another one I was told about still had spaces but I saw absolutely no advertising (even though I only live a few miles away) so didn't bother.

I'll try and remember to PM you if I hear about any more locally but if I forget I do list the fairs I'm attending on the 'what's new' section of my website so check that out too and I can send you details of any you fancy - haven't got any planned for the new year yet though.

Janette (Netty)

PS. If you do organise one yourself put me on your list

Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Two more stalls here if you do arrange one!

I am doing my very first craft fair in a weeks time in Fordham near Ely. I would be quite happy to travel all over Cambrdgeshire and parts of Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex too but there are never any advertisements.

I actually decided yesterday to keep a list of all craft fairs I attend, sell at and see advertised in a bid to be "ahead of the game" next year.

If I hear of any I will let you know.

Kind regards
      Gem

Comment

One of the stall holders at a craft fair I did last week is very keen to run her own fair in the Spring, it's likely to be in the Sudbury/Bury area of Suffolk. I'll keep you both informed if you're interested.

Comment

Hi,

If we all keep each other updated that would be great.

I have my first craft fair this weekend - so fingers crossed that goes well. I am travelling to Pitstone which is about an hour away.

Good luck for next weekend Gem.

Lou x

Comment

We did the Pitstone Fair too

Hiya Lou,

Thought I'd just drop you a quick line to say we did the Pitstone Fair too this weekend, how did you get on?? We only sold £11 of goods and it was my first fair so I was a bit disheartened...

Have a good day

Debbie x
            Please drop by "Debbies Dough"
            www.debbies-dough.co.uk

Comment

Hi Deb,

It was my first craft fair too!

We only sold 1 pair of earrings. We were really dishearted too and we travelled over an hour to get to it. It really wasn't worth our time.

I think it was just a bad day for everyone, well nearly everyone. The lady selling glassware made over £300!

I didn't book up for the next one - I am looking into bigger fairs. Although I am having a little trouble finding some.

I see you are in Herts are you going to the Valentines Fair in Stevenage?

Lou

Comment

Hiya Lou,

The glassware was lovely...I've dabbled with that before but didn;t think it would sell!!! How wrong... :?

I think I will consider bigger ones but not with saltdough as I don;t think people realise what it is really and although I got a few compliments on the models it didn;t lead to sales and I had really dropped my prices too...I really felt bad for the ladies running it, they were so disappointed.

I don;t know anything about the one in stevenage, is it a big one?

I have the Craftworkers Yearbook but it's a couple of years old but there may be some contact details in there. I'll post some to you later if I find any near you, worth a try.

Maybe I should try the decorated candle holders again...mine were like stained glass type things...

Better dash nearly time for school pick up already.

Have a good afternoon

Deb x
                www.debbies-dough.co.uk

Comment

i would love to know as well. i did woodbridge street fair on sunday and it was a good day for us being our first fair. i am also finding it hard to get into others
                  this site has an index of fairs but i was too late this year http://www.craft-fair.co.uk

Lois

Comment

Originally posted by debpayne

I don;t know anything about the one in stevenage, is it a big one?
                    I have never been to the one in Stevenage and it stopped for several years but now its back. It is a bigger fair with around 40 stalls. I have my booking form in my handbag - I must remember to post it. The people that organise it are www.oakleighfairs.co.uk

There is also a three day spring fair in Bournemouth (I used to live there) so I may attend that. It has over 160 stalls. I think it will be pricey tho. I will let you know when I get the information through.

When looking for fairs take a look at these links
                    www.craftpeople2000.co.uk
                    www.aztecevents.co.uk
                    www.easternevents.co.uk
                    www.ukcraftfairs.com

If anyone else wants to post resources it would be really useful!

Hope this all helps.

Lou x

Comment

Thanks Lou

Many thanks Lou, Oakleigh Fairs seem to have a few fairs near to me, might see u at one of them,

Deb x
                      www.debbies-dough.co.uk

Comment

One of the stall holders at a craft fair I did last week is very keen to run her own fair in the Spring, it's likely to be in the Sudbury/Bury area of Suffolk. I'll keep you both informed if you're interested.
                        I would be very interested in this as I live in the Bury area. I've only done a couple of craft fairs - last year I did one at Bottisham Village College and for my first ever I was quite pleased as I made over £80 in sales. I was ill the weekend it was on this year, so I had to cancel at the last minute.

My friend was going to do the one at Fordham earlier this year but changd her mind because she didn't think it was very well organised.

I know people say that you will get to know what's-on-where from other stall holders, but I have found that they tend to keep them as closely guarded secrets - as thought they're afraid of the competition!

Comment

Hi There

As soon as she organises something I'll make sure I post it on here.

I was going to do the Bottisham one but couldn't get in, however I heard from a fellow crafter that it was the worst one she'd attended all year so it doesn't sound like we missed much.

I've always found other stall holders quite willing to tell me about other craft fairs, maybe you need to talk to those who are selling goods completely unrelated to jewellery so they don't view you as competition. I've also been contacted directly by organisers who picked up my business card so make sure you have those on display!

Be interesting to have some feedback on Fordham (hello Gem :wink: ) as I nearly booked but didn't and will be going along as a customer instead on Sunday

Comment

I know I am a bit out of date on this post, but just wanted to add Kingfisher Fairs who organise craft fairs in Ely and at Wood Green Animal Sanctuary, Godmanchester - about 10 or so a year. Their telephone number is 01353 740725 - speak to Bob or Anita.
                            Regards
                            Vikki
                            www.capturethemagic.biz
                            FREE P&P ALWAYS

Comment

Working...
                            X