Farnham Maltings (Surrey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farnham Maltings (Surrey)

Hi has anyone been to the Farnham Maltings either as a seller or visitor for festival of crafts?

I'm planning to visit this october but also looking at getting a stall next year, so wondered if anyone could give me a heads up about it in advance.
    Last edited by charlie_rabbit01; 13-06-2013, 01:07 PM.
    Charlie

Do you mean the market or the craft fair? I have done the monthly market and find mostly visitors are looking for bargains. If the craft fair it has a lot of very good work fom the art college at very high prices , the rest if the work is varied but think they must vet well as very good quality work displayed, more like a gallery styling

Comment

sorry edited my post realised i'd forgotten to put Festival of Crafts.
      Charlie

Comment

I'd be looking at selling my handmade bears. But I dont have enough for this year and the maltings havent responded to my request for information.
        Charlie

Comment

They are a bit slow so may be worth following them up. I have heard mixed reviews on the sales front but that is no different from a lot of fairs.

Have you filled out the application form? you can download direct and according to their website still open for applications, either £173.00 or £243.00. If you have sent in your app form, cv and photos it may be that they have a shut off date then go through the selection process. Think the deadline is May each year so they may be holding off to select on 2014.

Comment

i think applications for this year has closed, and i'm not ready for this years show either. I emailed them as I've never been to a craft fair before (to sell) so no idea what to do or expect.
            Charlie

Comment

Okay you need to prepare your cv showing any qualifications in the creative world you have along with some very clear photos of your bears, make sure your application is professional. Plus you need to have your pli in place as they should ask for a copy plus your CE certificates.

For the event you need to have your display well practised, if unsure visit some large events to get an idea, cloths must cover the table and the sides, bus cards and leaflets with your website. Several good threads on here will guide you further
              Last edited by Caroleecrafts; 13-06-2013, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X