Contemplating...Tetbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contemplating...Tetbury

I'm very seriously contemplating the Market Hall in Tetbury. It's only a small hall, but what a place! There's a market underneath on Saturdays, which is always a crowd puller. The local shops are uber-posh too. Loads of local places of interest. Prince Charles lives a mile away.

So, I just wondered what everyone thought about Tetbury? Does anyone know it? As always, your feedback is invaluable.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87...ouse_arp-1.jpg

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Well Tetbury is the posh-belt ... but having said that, still doesn't mean they'll spend!

You'll never know if you don't try it!

Put me down for that one too.
    Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I'd also be up for this one
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Cool!

I'll make further enquiries.

Although the secretary has given me a lot of gen, all of which makes Tetbury seem just what we're after, I need to phone the person who manages the hall to get finer details and available dates. Watch this space!

Wow...2008 is filling up fast!

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

So......

....we have pencilled in

April 12th

June 28th

October 11th

For Tetbury.......popping up on Friday to give the hall the once-over before booking definitely. If all goes well on Friday I'll update the website to include these dates and get an info pack together.

From what I've been told so far, the hall is big enough for 16 tables max. Twice a week (Weds & Sats) there's a market underneath the hall in the 'stilts', which is a good people-puller. There are loads of tourist attractions in the immediate vicinity, and lots of antique shops, all of which attract crowds. There aren't any other craft fairs in Tetbury.

So far, so good!

Jules
          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

MAN!!!! You guys are sooooooooo lucky to be able to have shows within a few hrs of you............We sooooooo need some shows up this way. Evey Glasglow is a treck for us.
            Anyways you go grls and have a great 2008 season and make enough to be laying in the beach this time next year lol
            Shabby Neesey

Comment

Sounds great i might be able to do some of them if thats ok

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Cool......

Originally posted by Snow angel View Post
                Sounds great i might be able to do some of them if thats ok

I need a nappycake...going to be a great aunty in the summer! Just wish I knew what the baby was going to be (besides very spoilt!), but time before April to find that out!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
                  I need a nappycake...going to be a great aunty in the summer! Just wish I knew what the baby was going to be (besides very spoilt!), but time before April to find that out!

Jules
                  Oh lucky you would love a baby in are family

My daughter is getting married this year so im hoping by the end of the year im going be a nan again

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Jules,

I'd be up for Tetbury as well. Did a Christmas fair there in December, badly organised, I do jewellery and there were 8 stalls doing jewellery. It was freezing as well, I was right next to the door. It's a good venue and summer months, the tourists are there,... should be ok,. I'll be better prepared next time with me thermals on.

I'll keep looking at your website.

xx

Comment

Jules,

I might be up for giving Tetbury a go once I've worked out how far away it is for me to travel! I'll drop you a line sometime.

Si.
                      Wood Tattoos
                      Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                      Facebook
                      Flickr
                      Twitter

Comment

Brilliant!

Keep the interest coming!

Hopefully I'll have loads more info for you all on Friday some time. There's a good site for Tetbury

http://www.visittetbury.co.uk/

That shows the Market Hall and everything else. I must see inside before booking though. *Note to self; ask about heating....

Jules
                        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Off on a Jolly....

...we're off to Tetbury very shortly as the planned visit had to be brought forward a day. Just hope the weather picks up a bit. Looks 'orrible out there...

Will let you know how we get on later!

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Good luck Jules and have a safe journey!

I hope it will be suitable. I think it would be a great place for a craft fair
                            Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Tetbury - Definite!

Oh wow!!!!!

I am completely bowled over by the Market Hall!! It's a gorgeous venue. Sounds corny, but the building really has an effect on you!

It's incredibly old, full of carved beams and huge oak pillars. The floor is uneven and goes up and down, because it's the original floor and is hundred's of years old. It's a listed building. I think it's perfect! I can just imagine it all set up, it's going to look great. The weather was completely miserable, very wet & windy, but the town was still busy which is a great sign.

Electricty, parking, access for unloading etc, is all fine, but this is not a venue for anyone who can't manage stairs as there is no disabled access at all but a flight of stone steps leading up to the studded front door, then a few more steps indoors. They can't fit lifts etc, because the building is listed.

Right...I need to update the website now! Oh, nearly forgot...if the fairs are successful the people at Tetbury would like us to have a permanent arrangement!

Jules
                              Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM.
                              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Working...
                              X