Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampshire Craft Fairs

Not applicable
    Last edited by byinvitation; 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM.
    Vist my website at www.by-invitations.co.uk
    Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/byinvitations
    Or follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/byinvitation37

Can I ask where you are based as no address is shown on your website, this would worry me handing over money when I do not know who you are, also no telephone number. Being not far from me I may have considered had I felt happy with your website.

Comment

Caroleecrafts, I have been to 2 of her events and they have both been successful, It is not a legal requirement to put a address on a website that can be seen by everyone, She runs her business from home like most other companies on this scale, why would anyone advertise where there stock, money are held? If you looked under the contact us page you will see a phone number to contact her on. instead of complaining at her on here why don't you contact her privately and let her know what you don't feel happy about on the website.

Comment

Sorry that you both disagree with me but having an address on a website is a part of the Direct Selling Regulations, I also have every right to question something on the forum as you posted on an open page. I think it was a valid query who was I paying, you will find plenty of threads on here about DSR and the fact that no address would put a lot of people off handing over their hard earned cash.

This is a public forum and I asked for other members on here and why should I send a private pm when you have added your website publicly. I was not nasty just asked a question that as a business I am entitled to ask:

Quote from the DSR website:

The geographic address of the service provider must be given. A PO Box is unlikely to suffice as a geographic address; but a registered office address would. If the business is a company, the
        registered office address
        must be included in any event.

Comment

Originally posted by tomAV View Post
          Caroleecrafts, I have been to 2 of her events and they have both been successful, It is not a legal requirement to put a address on a website that can be seen by everyone, She runs her business from home like most other companies on this scale, why would anyone advertise where there stock, money are held?
          Seeing as you share the same computer as the OP I can understand why the lack of address probably didn't concern you when you parted with your money.

I 'advertise' where my stock and money are held as it's a legal requirement to do so unfortunately if money is being taken on your website, then again when I had my physical shop I advertised far more widely where my stock was held.
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

By law, if you're asking for money in advance (and as you can book and pay for a stall on your website, you ARE) you HAVE to have a geographical address (not a PO box) displayed on your site. I don't like, not many people do if they're working from their homes...but I have to have it to comply with distance selling regulations...perhaps you should go and have a read, as you've obviously not prior to starting your site. I believe Carolee was only pointing this out as many people would not pay money to a site that has no address listed. And TomAV- perhaps you need to read up on the regs too.
            Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Hi

We are a Hampshire Craft Fayre too craftsandmusic.co.uk I can see the issue with addresses..... Fortunately being a friends association event we had an address we could use, but as the volunteer organiser, until my retirement I was in profession which would have made it impossible for me to publish my address, so can sympathise. That said we are also seeking crafters right now ... Cheeky plug :-)

Comment

Originally posted by craftsandmusic View Post
                Hi

We are a Hampshire Craft Fayre too craftsandmusic.co.uk I can see the issue with addresses..... Fortunately being a friends association event we had an address we could use, but as the volunteer organiser, until my retirement I was in profession which would have made it impossible for me to publish my address, so can sympathise. That said we are also seeking crafters right now ... Cheeky plug :-)
                good luck with your seeking....! I am a tad too far away....although I used to be a Hampshire-ite
                As for addresses....it's not a choice....if you have a website that takes money in advance for a product/service, you have to legally display an address if you want to be legal. Too many people these days start up sites but don't do any research into what is needed to comply with the rules that we have to abide to. I hate having my address on my website. But if I want to trade above the law....and reassure my customers that I am real it's just something I have to live with.
                Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Working...
                X