Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some advice, help, inspiration or maybe all three!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some advice, help, inspiration or maybe all three!

Hi

Im looking to start doing some craft fairs, i have found somewhere I would like to exhibit but i wanted ideas on how to make my stall more enticing and attractive. I sell quilts cushions and soft toys and have problems on how should display my quilts i did one craft fair and i put the quilts on the table so they were visible from the front of the table- problem was they weren't even noticed it was only when i pointed it out to someone that she said i didnt even see them which was a bit of a shock and disappointing. I'm looking at getting some props and some lights any idea what to get and where from? I am on a budget so your suggestions and advice would be extremely welcome

Hi Frey. I have noticed that crafters stalls selling quilts usually have them hanging on something like a clothes horse at the side of their stall if they are lap size and smaller. It is always a problem with larger ones as you have to have them open to show their beauty whjich is, of course, why you laid them on a table in the first place. I have seen them hung on a back wall but how they did it I have no idea.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Hi there....first up, if you scroll up to the top right hand corner you'll see a search box and you can pop your query in there and then read threads where people have asked the same or similar questions. To be honest it's rare a question hasn't been asked before.

And then as a quick reply, you need to add height somehow, so sturdy but light boxes under your cloth to add "steps" or something might be useful. Can you somehow rig something up across your table so that you could hang some of your quilts? I'm sure other people might have some better ideas than mine but you just have to get creative.
      Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Some sort of clothes horse as Carol mentioned would be a good idea, I've also seen a lot of people use a 'gridwall' trellis style display on top of their table to hang things from, it also has the added bonus of adding a good deal of height to your stall, something which is always usueful to help a stall stand out & look more professional.

There is a group on Flickr that has loads of stall display ideas, I can't for the life of me remember the link, but if you search on there you should find it.

HTH

Claire
        Last edited by ladyluckjewellery; 11-01-2013, 10:46 AM. Reason: Spelling!
        Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
        Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
        www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

I had a stall neighbour who found herself in a similar position... she used one quilt as the base for her stall and it covered the table and hung down the sides...so people could feel the material, see/feel the quality of the work...she built a dry stone wall effect around the sides and back of her stall out of folded quilts so that the range of colours and patterns were visible and used a quilt in a canopy effect over the top of her stall (it was indoors) by using a frame made of rods and clamps (ugly old frame thingy but fab when covered with the products.) She also brought a laptop and had that set up with a continuous slideshow of her products 'in use' and had small quilted samples hanging on huge rings at either end of her stand. Cushions etc were arranged in the centre. Because of the height of the display she had to stand to the front or side of her stall to be seen (she was tiny) but she also found it easy to interact with visitors by not being behind the table. It looked really pretty (it was the kind of stall you wanted to literally throw yourself into it looked so inviting and comfy) and she didn't spend all day shaking out quilts or coping with product avalanches.

Comment

Originally posted by freystitch View Post
            Hi

Im looking to start doing some craft fairs, i have found somewhere I would like to exhibit but i wanted ideas on how to make my stall more enticing and attractive. I sell quilts cushions and soft toys and have problems on how should display my quilts i did one craft fair and i put the quilts on the table so they were visible from the front of the table- problem was they weren't even noticed it was only when i pointed it out to someone that she said i didnt even see them which was a bit of a shock and disappointing. I'm looking at getting some props and some lights any idea what to get and where from? I am on a budget so your suggestions and advice would be extremely welcome
            Just had a brainwave.....go to jumble/boot sale and find a old fashioned free standing towel rail, I thought of this because I bought one for £1.50 last year and it is languishing in the conservatory waiting it's turn for the shabby chic'ing lol!! Sturdy enough to pop up on the table and drape a quilt (or two) artfully over it I should think. Hope that helps!
            Vintage Rosie

Comment

Working...
            X