The last fair before Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last fair before Christmas

Well I have my last fair this weekend (15th&16th) before Christmas is upon us. It's for a whole weekend this time though, eek!!

So far I have only ever done one day events so am not sure what to expect. It's a Christmas market at a castle with lots of activities for the kids and the majority of traders are local so it should be good It is also in aid of the Gloucestershire Flood Relief Fund, so I have donated a raffle prize I just hope that I sell enough stuff to at least cover my table cost. I'm sure it will be fun, as most events normally are unless you're outdoors getting wet as I was at my last one!

Are many of you attending events this weekend? or is that it for this year? (wow, can't believe this year is almost over!)
    Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

I've got my last pre-Xmas fair on Saturday 15th at Lacock. Hopefully it will be packed with people who have forgotten to buy presents for friends/family and are desperately looking for someone selling decorative wooden gifts...

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Comment

Good luck with all your fairs this coming week-end. I'm finished for this year.

Busy at the moment trying to go through application forms for 2008.

Hope you all do well.

cheers Janice
      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

My last one (and only the second of the year!) was on Sunday in Preston (see other thread) but looking to do some more for next year. Got one in November penciled in already which I think will be my Christmas one......

So good luck those who have yet to conclude the year - I hope its a good one!

Comment

I got 1 tomorrow and then 1 on Thursday and then like you 15th and 16th and last one a week tomorrow. Wheres the one your doing on the weekend

I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

Comment

Originally posted by Snow angel View Post
            I got 1 tomorrow and then 1 on Thursday and then like you 15th and 16th and last one a week tomorrow. Wheres the one your doing on the weekend
            It's at Sudeley Castle near Cheltenham. Where's yours?
            Debs

Comment

Mines in the Forest of Dean

Comment

Hmmmm......

Originally posted by Debeadz View Post
                It's at Sudeley Castle near Cheltenham. Where's yours?

I'm saying nothing

Anyway, I hope the new management team is good! Let us know how it goes,

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts
                www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Good luck to you all, I'm finished for this year, anything for next year bare us in mind. Good Luck guys

Comment

Good luck everybody. I'm done for this year: I'm not sure if I'll bother with craft fairs next year quite frankly.

I've been disappointed ( not by the organisers) but by the sales. Lots of PPP's, and lots of people saying, oh, aren't they lovely - well, yes, they are, so buy one! - and one or two cases of folks helping themselves to a five-finger discount. It's only the odd card or two, which aren't high value as far as money goes, but it still leaves a bitter taste.

It could be better next year: I'm a bit down in the mouth at the mo through other things and inclined to look cynically at life.....not much time before Christmas and so much to DO, and I know the amount of help I receive would measure 0 on the Geiger counter. I'm not normally a negative person, but things are a bit difficult.

One good thing has come out of poor sales - I haven't had to buy any Christmas cards!!!!!
                    Primmers
                    www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

How did it go today. Mine was going well till we all had to come home early due to a fire there

Comment

My last fair for the year went quite well... I took £65 which is £50 clear after the table costs so can't complain!

Si.
                        Wood Tattoos
                        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                        Facebook
                        Flickr
                        Twitter

Comment

Well i did my last fair this weekend and it was my best so far! Sudeley castle was just magical and the whole weekend was buzzing! It was so Christmassy with (fake) snow as well

I made £55 profit (the table cost me £80) so I'm really chuffed!! Let's hope this continues for 2008!

Well done to everyone that did their final fairs this weekend and good luck to anyone that still has them to do!
                          Debs

Comment

Well done Debs.

Nice to go out of 2007 on a high. You all seem to do really nice shows done there and that one sounded really Chritmassy.

Cheers Janice.
                            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Well done to the both of you!!

Lets hope it continues into 2008!!

Comment

Working...
                              X