Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful day in Lacock yesterday... how was Cloisters/Bath?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful day in Lacock yesterday... how was Cloisters/Bath?

Dear all,

The Manger Barn was a superb setting for this event and looked the business. Excellent free food and refreshments for the sellers was a real bonus, and the day was busy with lots of people coming through the doors. My takings just crept past the three figure mark so I was chuffed to bits. I hope the second day goes as well for everyone who's there today. Congratulations to Debbie and Karen on another successful event.

Still have lots of Christmassy gifts left for the 15th though so at least I don't have to re-blitz the making before then. And I didn't sell a single bathroom gift set... perhaps a price reduction is in order? Who knows...

How did the Cloisters event in Lacock and the Bath event go?

Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

Good at Bath

I think Bath was successful. Certainly can't complain about numbers through the doors....it was steadily busy all day starting about 9.30 and people still coming in as we were packing away at 5.30.

My takings were almost at three figures as were the sister's. Mr M's brother's chess sets were just flying out the door! I believe most people did very well. Hopefully next Saturday will be even better.

The bad weather brought loads in to look around. I did feel for those poor beggars who had paid out that enormous fee for the Christmas Market. All sitting there in their dinky sheds getting sopping wet and blown about.

Hope everyone in Lacock survived the weather today. It's gross here by the sea.

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Glad to hear that your fairs yesterday were successful. Fingers crossed that today's have gone as well and that next week's will be the same.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
        I hope the second day goes as well for everyone who's there today.
        Well Si, I think it can be safely said that you had the best day at Lacock - I just popped in - through the sheeting rain - and it was rather on the quiet side in the craft fair rooms! Glad you did ok - real pity to have missed you but maybe another time

Mel

Comment

I had a fantastic weekend! I nearly hit 4 figures!!! AND only 1 order!!! Very pleased. Especially as I was in a room rather than exposed to the elements.
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Way to go JB !! Big well done - something to show for all that hard graft

Mel

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
              I had a fantastic weekend! I nearly hit 4 figures!!! AND only 1 order!!! Very pleased. Especially as I was in a room rather than exposed to the elements.
              Wow, excellent news, well done and well deserved!

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Well done to you both!!!

Lets hope your success rubs off on everyone else!

Comment

Massive Well Done JB . Love hearing that folk are donig well .

I think there could be a Scottish invasion in Bath next year Lisa & I could hire a mini van and come across the Border for this one.

It just sounds awsome and I would love to visit Bath and of course make some money !!!!!!

Well done again guys.

Cheers Janice
                  www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
                    Well Si, I think it can be safely said that you had the best day at Lacock - I just popped in - through the sheeting rain - and it was rather on the quiet side in the craft fair rooms! Glad you did ok - real pity to have missed you but maybe another time
                    Did you pop in? You should've said Hi! Was I busy? lol

One seller near me had a massive three figure purchase by an American buyer... what a result! I'm starting to realise that my smaller items (under £10) are the ones that sell at the fairs despite the fact that the larger items attract lots of attention and nice comments. Still considering whether I will need to have a price review before the 15th on those larger pieces.

Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

Comment

Knew I should have done Lacock, Tetbury was a washout, pretty badly organised, made £20. Never mind Debs I'll take that table next time.

Comment

Wow - fab news!! I know where to go next year
                        Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
                        My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
                        My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
                          Did you pop in? You should've said Hi! Was I busy? lol
                          I only made it on Sunday so missed you but I would definately have said hello had you been there !

Mel

Comment

Thank you Si on a glowing report so glad you had a good day.
                            The barn was a beautiful setting for the event and I must admit we were pretty pleased with the way it looked but I think that was down to the people we had and the fantastic wares they were selling. The weather was not as bad as we thought it would be over the weekend and did not stop people coming. We will find out this week from the National Trust how many people descended on the village.
                            A lot of the stall holders had record takings with some of the old timers breaking their own record which is great. I had to pull an all nighter making more stock as I had almost sold out on Saturday and took well into 3 figures which I was very pleased with especially as I sell mainly cards
                            Sunday did get off to a slow start but soon picked up after lunch but I must admit was not as frantic as Saturday.
                            Visitors on both days where great forming an orderly queue to buy with the odd husband/boyfriend pointing to want they want thrusting the money in your hand saying they want it to be a secret wandering off while you busily wrapped the goods with change in bag and with all the skill of a drugs deal going down (from what I have seen on telly) passed the package back without the other half seeing.
                            I have also got to say a big thank you to my sister who put on a wonderful food spread keeping everyone fed and watered, having a chef in the family is a real bonus
                            Emma well done on a fantastic weekend at the cloisters, you deserve it with all the hard work you have put in over the months to build up your business.
                            Well better get back to it.
                            Debs
                            "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
                            www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
                            http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
                            http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

Comment

Well done everybody!! There's hope for us all yet I'm so glad to hear positive things after things have been so slow for everyone.

I only wish I could've said the same for my event on Saturday. I was outside in the elements and by 12:30pm I was packing up my very soggy stall and going home making absolutely nothing, loosing £60 for the stall fee and being soaking wet and very miserable

Ah well, it sounds as though things are picking up so hopefully my next one on the 15th will be better Well i'm in a marquee for that one so at least I won't get wet!!
                              Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X