National Trust Craft Fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Trust Craft Fairs

I am doing a craft fair with work in a couple of weeks. It's in a national trust property and is billed as a frost fair.
    Has anyone else ever done one, and if so what are they like?
    It is at Attingham Park near Shrewsbury.
    I personaly have done craft fairs before (enjoyed them but never made much money!), but we've not done them with work.
    Thanks

They do Christmas craft fairs up here in some stately homes N.T.Scotland and others. You can't get into them for love nor money and there always very.very busy. Some of my fellow crafters do them and have been going for years !!!!! They must be making money . I think once your in thats it.

I got invited to one in the north of Scotland but between the table price and B & B just couln't afford so near Christmas but will do it next year.

Best of luck I'm sure you will do well.

Cheers Janice.
    www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

Thanks lets hope so. Things get a bit slow on the wedding side of things at this time of year, and the quality of our xmas do depends on how much money we take!
      We were quite suprised that it wasn't more exspensive. I think its around £60 for the two days, and I used to pay close to that for one day at an agricultural show!

Comment

Yes, I am attending it too!

Hi,

I attended this fair, at Attingham Park last year, for the saturday then on the sunday to a different National Trust, but the attingham park one was so good that this year I am booked in for the whole two days! the other one was rubbish! With my type of craft you get the right sort of people, the middle age ladies who need presents for friends and daughters etc..so jewellery which I create sells well. But all the other crafters on the day said it was good for them too. This year they are having marquees too, which is new and the inside bit, so its expanding due to demand which is a good thing! let's hope...

See you there!
        Laura

Comment

I didin't know about this event - how did you find out about it if you don't mind me asking? Let us know how it goes! Might look into doing it next year...
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Katianne View Post
            I didin't know about this event - how did you find out about it if you don't mind me asking? Let us know how it goes! Might look into doing it next year...
            We hadn't heard about it either, but we had a workshop with a winning moves advisor and she suggested searching for trust events, so we looked on their website and found the details. We thought it would be out of our price range but if it is as good as silvercatdesigns says it seems very resonable.
            Will let you know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by silvercatdesign View Post
              Hi,

I attended this fair, at Attingham Park last year, for the saturday then on the sunday to a different National Trust, but the attingham park one was so good that this year I am booked in for the whole two days! the other one was rubbish! With my type of craft you get the right sort of people, the middle age ladies who need presents for friends and daughters etc..so jewellery which I create sells well. But all the other crafters on the day said it was good for them too. This year they are having marquees too, which is new and the inside bit, so its expanding due to demand which is a good thing! let's hope...

See you there!
              Laura
              Oh good feeling really hopfull about it now.
              We are taking Tiarastore and beadinspired stuff, so it will be a mixture of bought in and hand made jewellery and accessories, and jewellery making kits and things. We are in the main house. We were going to be in a stable but they moved us, going to have a look at our positon tomorrow.
              I'll look out for you ( must remenber not to take money with me, or I will spend a fortune!)

Comment

A friend of a friend of mine also did attingham park last year amd they said it was really busy and they did very well. Lost of people buying.. just what we want...
                Hope it goes well for you.
                Sharon
                Quirky items from a MAD family.

Comment

Hi

I do the National Trust events at Nostell and have for twelve months now. I can only speak for this one but it is well organised and there are always lots of people coming through.

Good luck

Belinda

Comment

Working...
                  X