New Low Low Prices for Reading!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Low Low Prices for Reading!!!

...I know that sounds like a supermarket ad but I'm thrilled with my bargaining skills here!

READING IS NOW FULLY BOOKED on 22nd!

Ok...the new prices are

£35 per day!!! Yippee!!!

The co-ordinators have promised proper shelter either in commercial grade market stalls or, preferably, in those little wooden chalet things you get at continental christmas markets! We will be warm & dry whatever they settle on.

There will be heating, lighting and parking included in the cost too....which should ease the cost of travelling somewhat!

There will also be music, catering vans and possibly face-painting or whatever to draw the kiddies over. Music & food aromas are huge crowd pullers!!

Hands up who's interested?

Jules
    Last edited by Apple Tree Crafts; 21-11-2007, 10:22 AM. Reason: new info...
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Wow well done Jules! Very impressed with your bargaining skills!!

I would be tempted as only down the road, but have a feeling it is a bit out of my depth! Plus have a 2day craft fair this weekend and hopefully all being well may not have enough stock... a girl can dream!

Good luck filling the stalls, i'm sure you wont have any problem, I may have a ponder over it.

Sarah
    Hope Jewellery
    http://www.hopejewellery.co.uk
    My blog: http://www.saysie.blogspot.com
    My new Etsy Shop: http://www.saysie.etsy.com

Comment

BTW are those dates for Nov or Dec?
      When i replied I thought you were talking about Nov, but now im not sure.

Edited to add...
      Ignore that have just looked at my diary... it must be december.
      Last edited by Hopej; 15-11-2007, 09:34 PM. Reason: Edited to add
      Hope Jewellery
      http://www.hopejewellery.co.uk
      My blog: http://www.saysie.blogspot.com
      My new Etsy Shop: http://www.saysie.etsy.com

Comment

I'm working those days unfortunately... but that does mean that I might be able to pop past in a professional capacity!

Well done on getting the price down so much though... great result!

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

Hmmm...bit far from me Jules, although I am in Wilts for xmas...
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I might well be interested in this. Is there still a discount for booking all three days?
            www.wonkytoad.co.uk - Unusual Handcrafted Wooden Creations.

Comment

3 Day Discount

Yup...Three days are still £95!

It just gets better & better......

All the dates are indeed December

The 20th is late night shopping, Friday & Saturday are normal shop hours as far as I know.

Jules
              Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Fab Stuff!

Originally posted by Wonky Toad View Post
                I might well be interested in this. Is there still a discount for booking all three days?
                Wonky, your stuff is just fab....love them!

As I said before I read the thread properly, 3 days are still £95!

Jules
                Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

So youl be there sat the 22nd?I may just pop into Reading to see you.

This probably doesnt help as itl be just as busy but incase parking in the oracle is bad or you dont want to venture into Reading to park at all, there is a park and ride at a cinema in winnersh which takes you right to the Oracle
                  https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Free Parking!

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
                    So youl be there sat the 22nd?I may just pop into Reading to see you.

This probably doesnt help as itl be just as busy but incase parking in the oracle is bad or you dont want to venture into Reading to park at all, there is a park and ride at a cinema in winnersh which takes you right to the Oracle
                    All of our crafters who do this event have been promised free parking all day in the shopping centre carpark! These people are a dream to work with!

Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Jules - I am going to my mum's for xmas, so am thinking I could come do the Saturday event on the way down...? Can you email me a booking form? Thanks!
                      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Oh No....

Kate, I didn't see this post yesterday. I'm truly sorry. Dang, I feel bad now. Sorry Kate.

Well, Reading has taken off hugely. Which is great, but exhausting. Unfortunately, the space wasn't as big as was first thought so we are only having 10 stalls, two of which are being used for foodie things by the client, leaving us 8 per day.

And these 8 a day are literally being fought over. I've spent my morning so far turning people away, which I hate doing. I so wish I could give everyone a fair turn. Maybe they'll ask us again next year and we can have a bigger space and more stalls.

Jules
                        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Nightmare.....

...it's just awful.

Can I just apologise to all those crafters that I am now having to turn away. I am really, truly sincerely sorry....

When we first accepted this event, at short notice, we were promised 15 spaces. These 15 have been cut down to ten as HSE say that it's not safe to have more than that number on the site.

Out of the ten, I only have 8 to allocate to crafters as two must be reserved for foodie people. Also, the clients have now stipulated that we must have only one of each craft. As we have so few spaces to fill now they don't want any duplicated crafts.

This has made it virtually impossible for me to be fair, so the only thing I can do is use a 'first come, first served' basis. So this is what I've had to do. All those people who really thought they had spaces are now very cross with me.

Where you would have been in the seven spaces we are now missing, you now don't have a space at all. I feel really bad about this and I'm beginning to dislike this job intensely today.

So, can say, yet again, that I really am very sorry indeed. I hate turning people away. I hate disappointing anyone.

I emailed more than 450 crafters so now I have to say sorry to 442+ who don't have spaces. I've grovelled so much today, my knees hurt.

My deepest deepest apologies,

Jules
                          Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Jules,

From what I've read about this event, you've done the best you can at very short notice with constantly changing goalposts.

I hope the event is a success.

Si.
                            Wood Tattoos
                            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                            Facebook
                            Flickr
                            Twitter

Comment

Working...
                            X