Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craft Fairs - how are they going at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fairs - how are they going at the moment?

I just wondered, of those of you tht have done craft fairs over the last month or so, how have they gone? Have you found that there is less of the 3 Ps in the run up to xmas?

I am still toying with whether I should do a few local fairs on the run up to xmas so would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks all
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Well, I did my first one at the start of October and did very very well (over £120!) so I have another one booked early December but not sure how it will go as I think I will have a big hangover from the night before!! Hehehe!!

Comment

I did the same one as Tip Top and made £8.50!!!! Not so good but I've got a 4 day one booked for the end of Nov and I know that there are lots of coaches booked in (my mum works at the place) so I'm hoping for more of a profit then!
      Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
      My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
      My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Hi Kate,
        I've definately seen an increase in sale during the past month or so. People seem to be xmas shopping earlier this year.

If you up to doing fairs again, i'm organising on in Dec near newport. Let me know if your interested!!
        Sharon & NIc
        Quirky items from a MAD family.

Comment

Originally posted by Quirky-Cottage View Post
          Hi Kate,
          I've definately seen an increase in sale during the past month or so. People seem to be xmas shopping earlier this year.

If you up to doing fairs again, i'm organising on in Dec near newport. Let me know if your interested!!
          Sharon & NIc
          When is it Sharon?
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

it's on Dec 8th Sat. 12-3pm at Edgmond Village hall. Short and busy..we hope.
            Quirky items from a MAD family.

Comment

Oh no, sorry Sharon but I can't do that day!!! Hope it goes really well tough, sure it will as the last fair went really well and was very well organised!!
              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I wasn't sure how many to book this year, so many of them are poorly advertised and a complete waste of time.

I have a couple of shows this month, I've been to both of them before so i have some idea of what to expect. I've also tried a ladies pamper evening at a local school recently, that was ok and I have another to do next week.

I've started to book a few home spa parties (first one tonight), I'll be taking along my soaps, gifts and all of my new skincare and will be encouraging everyone to relax with a face mask on, feet up and a glass of wine!

Leanna
                www.purethoughts.co.uk
                Natural soaps and skincare, handmade from beginning to end...

Pure Thoughts Newsletter - Free samples for 50 new subscribers every month

Comment

Craft fairs - how are they going

Well I went to one today at a local community centre. There were about 40 stalls, of which 8 were cardmakers ( including me). The atmosphere was good and the footfall good too, but I didn't even make the cost of my table back. It was £28, and I took £15.75! There were a lot of PPP's, and I had to keep tidying the cards up as they left them in an awful mess.

If I had known that there were to be so many cardmakers I don't think I would have booked it.

There is no doubt that we all have different styles. Some of the cards were a lot dearer than mine, some were cheaper, but about 5 of us were priced at about the same.

I dressed the table with white sheets and a beautiful old linen tablecloth, and decorated with a few pinecones - it was a Christmas fair - and although I shouldn't say it, mine appeared to be the best-dressed table.

My daughter came along with her cards too ( I didn't mind, although she made no contribution to the table cost!) and proceeded to try and hog all the table with her cards: I had to ermmm, remonstrate gently with her.

I thought it a little, well, presumptuous of her to spread all her cards out without a thought as to where mine were going to go! I was a bit miffed, as I'd got everything ready the night before, with no help from her ( she went to bed, 'tired'), then this morning loaded the car - alone - then unloaded the car at the venue - alone - and while I was in and out lugging stuff about, she gaily began laying her cards out!!!

At the moment she has to walk with a stick, as she has a hip injury, and she can't carry heavy boxes, but by gum she could have carried a bag or two!
                  Primmers
                  www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

I did my very first craft show last month and managed to sell the grand total of £6.50!!!

I have another one booked for the 10 Nov (next saturday <gulp>) and hope this one is much better!

Please put me out of my misery and tell me what PPP stands for?

Thanks.

Pauline
                    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

I have done 3 craft fairs so far and each time have sold hardly anything.

1st - 3 bracelets
                      2nd - 1 necklace
                      3rd - 2 necklaces, 1 bracelet

I normally share a table with my friend who makes cards and she always seems to do quite well. I don't think my jewelllery is that expensive and is normally the cheapest there, but I just can't seem to shift it. Between us from the 3 we've done we've finally been able to cover our table costs now.

I did one last weekend at a farm park which was free of charge and had my best day but still only sold 2 necklaces and a bracelet. It was good fun being with the baby farm animals and I even got to bottlefeed a goat so it was worth going just for that

I have another booked on 17th Nov and then a weekend one on the 15/16th Dec. I just hope I will do better at these.
                      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

Did one yesterday .

1 sale. ( A christmas one ) Could have stayed at home came back to two orders on the phone.

Anyway I always try to be positive. Met loads of nice fellow crafters who put me in the right diection for fairs for 2008.

The bacon butties were fab and the coffee was free.

Cheers Janice.
                        www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

... I don't know what 3ppps mean either - I'm really curious now

Comment

Ha Ha!! I thought it was just me as well. I was afraid to ask. The only thing I could think of was penny pinching people!!!

www.kimsmithcharmbracelets.co.uk
                            www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

It means... Pick up, Put Down, P**s off! Hehee!!!
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X