Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organising an Event

Hi

I was thinking about organising a craft event in Rotherham (South Yorkshire)
    Personally i don't think that Rotherham run as many events for crafters as what other towns do.

I was wondering whether any event organisers would be able to offer any advice or let me pick their brain for ideas/tips?

Thanks
    Emma xx
    Emma x

You will need a hall that can be well signposted, sign posting can be a problem and expensive so check with the local council. Organisers insurance, all stallholders must hold pli otherwise would invalidate your insurance. Advertising in papers, local radio etc. Someone who will do catering as a cup of coffee and a cake keeps people there longer, this person would also have to have a current hygiene certificate, perhaps a cake seller. Terms and conditions for the stallholders and your cancellation policy. Risk assessment will also be needed for the organisers insurance probably more and hopefully someone else will be along with more details.

Comment

I organised a themed craft event in my local town just before Christmas and it was a lot of hard work, but also very exciting! The most important thing has to be advertising - getting the people there. No one likes selling to an empty venue. I went round to every local coffee shop, pub, craft shop, library etc that I could, and put up posters and gave out leaflets. I also put ads on sites like gumtree and talked about the fair on local forums and twitter pages.
      www.goodnightboutique.com

Comment

Hi Emma,

I work for Nottingham City Council in the Markets Department and we put on a lot of markets through the year. Feel free to ask any questions and I will be happy to help (as I am sure a lot of others will be too).

Comment

Working...
        X