Craft Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Insurance

Hi does anyone have suggestions for Public Liability Insurance, I only sell my Jewellery at Xmas time at Craft Fairs and am looking for a cheap Insurance which I must have. PAIN

In the same boat!

Hi Brenda

I'm in the same boat as I attend fairs (a bit different as Family History) but have been told I also need public liability insurance. I eagerly await some ones response.

Miss Dynamite

Comment

I have public liability insurance as it has been a requirement when I have booked the craft fairs. I got mine from Combined Market Traders Insurance Association. Search for them in Google

I paid just under £50 for the year.
      Debs

My website: www.debeadz.co.uk

My blog: www.debeadz.blogspot.com

Comment

I use Walker Midgley Insurance Brokers in Sheffield and it is £27.50 for £5000000 cover
        while i knit i think

http://foxyscraftythoughts.blogspot.com

http://thecraftyfox.misi.me.uk

Comment

Wow!! That was cheap I missed that one! I went to Ian W Wallace Ltd
          very easy to deal with I paid £66.50 for £1,000,000 cover public/products liability.

kim
          www.kimsmithcharmbracelets.co.uk
          www.kimmsmith.etsy.com

www.facebook.com/kimsmithcharmbracelets

Comment

Originally posted by craftyfoxni View Post
            I use Walker Midgley Insurance Brokers in Sheffield and it is £27.50 for £5000000 cover
            WOW, that IS cheap for £5M - that's a standard cover policy?
            Doing nothing is harder than it looks!
            Free Classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by Debeadz View Post
              I have public liability insurance as it has been a requirement when I have booked the craft fairs. I got mine from Combined Market Traders Insurance Association. Search for them in Google

I paid just under £50 for the year.
              I'm with the CMTIA as well, they were very helpful and the certificate arrived quickly (laminated too!)

Si (easily pleased)
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Insurance

Thanks alot Brilliant, will try them

Comment

A good insurance brooker is...

I use GM Imber and they are £50 a year and cover you up to £5 million!
                  Their phone no is 0870 606 6668
                  I hope this helps!

Comment

I've just got a quote from them and its:

£2,000,000 = £156.45
                    £3,000,000 = £190.42
                    £4,000,000 = £223.50
                    £5,000,000 = £245.85

This is all for Public Liability on their Stallholders Insurance - have I asked for the wrong thing?? Think I may go and give GM Imber a try...........

Comment

I use Ian Wallace Craft insurance - great service !
                      Manda
                      My Website
                      My Blog

Comment

Cmtia

We always recommend CMTIA to our crafters. And not because we get commission - we don't, I wish!

I paid £48 for a year's coveage. I thought it was £5mil public liability and £5mil product liability, but when the lamited certificate arrived it was £10 public liability (perfect for organisers) and £5mil product liability, so we were really pleased.

Jules
                        Apple Tree Crafts
                        www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

i had no idea you actually needed public liability insurance to do a craft fair!!, what exactly does it cover?

i've even heard of something called 'product liability insurance', is it all necessary or is it all a way of asking for money for old rope?
                          lucykate crafts... blog

lucykate crafts... on etsy

Comment

If....

...it were up to me, I'd say it was bunkum. But HSE says it has to be, so be it is.

I suppose that there's every chance it might be needed, some one may decide to sue you for a toe stubbed on your table or some such nonsense. Or they might swallow a bead, or be strangled by an apron cord. Everything is so 'Nanny state' these days.

To my mind, it really prohibits someone trying out craft fairs for the first time. £50 on top of your tables fees and expenses. Ludicrous, but there you go.

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts
                            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

Am glad I tuned into this thread then cos I didnt realise I needed liability insurance to attend the fairs as a stallholder, I kinda had the impression it was just the organisers who needed to have insurances sorted out....just goes to show doesnt it?

I have liability cover as a complementary therapist...d'ya suppose that would do or will it be worded differently for different types of business?

I know I'm tagging onto someone's question here but hopefully its OK as its on the same subject?!

Thanks
                              Shaz x
                              Keepsake Kollections
                              & Rossendale Ramblings!
                              http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Working...
                              X