Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would there be any interest in an upcycling/eco-crafts fair in Frome, Somerset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would there be any interest in an upcycling/eco-crafts fair in Frome, Somerset?

I am new to the wonderful world of upcycling and was loooking around to see if there are any craft fairs specifically aimed at this market, and 'eco-crafts'. I couldn't find anything locally so am tentatviely exploring the possiblilty of trying to start one up.
    I was thinking of stalls selling upcycled crafts and furniture: organic, recycled and fair trade products; even some vintage stalls. Also the possibility of doing a simple workshop/demo and./or something for the kids.
    How much would people be prepared to pay for a stall at this type of thing?
    Anyways, if you're interested, or have any ideas, please let me know!

I have been looking at something similar and have come to the conclusion that car boot sales are the nearest thing in the UK.

France has sales that are focussedon tata and recycled stuff and they can be absolutely huge or just tables in a town or village. Actually the table isn't necessary either. I have spent many hours looking at the stuff piled on top of a rug in the back streets of St Malo!

Sudeley Castle has craft fairs that have had recycled/eco stalls, so you may find people willing. I know that in summer I could be persuaded (I am a teacher and couldn't possibly find brain or make space in term time).

Good luck!
    Do not watch this space

Comment

I definitely think so

Hi there,

I think that there would definitely be interest but maybe like the fairs up north, you should combine with vintage / retro / second hand fairs. I think there is a good market for recycled / upcycled / reused / green eco items as I work for Remade in Britain and we have go a lot of buzz for our future upcycled British craft website. I think the time has never been better...

Fairs at stately homes tend to bring in the kind of target audience you would be looking for. Alternatively you could try put feelers out at Kirsty Allsop's Handmade Fair this September or reach a larger market by selling online. Should you need help publicising we are happy to help on twitter and facebook.

I hope this helps.

Remade in Britain

Originally posted by StefC View Post
      I have been looking at something similar and have come to the conclusion that car boot sales are the nearest thing in the UK.

France has sales that are focussedon tata and recycled stuff and they can be absolutely huge or just tables in a town or village. Actually the table isn't necessary either. I have spent many hours looking at the stuff piled on top of a rug in the back streets of St Malo!

Sudeley Castle has craft fairs that have had recycled/eco stalls, so you may find people willing. I know that in summer I could be persuaded (I am a teacher and couldn't possibly find brain or make space in term time).

Good luck!

Comment

This thread is over 2 years old, not sure what your intentions are, as most people don't read threads this old, unless they're advertising something - which is against the rules.
        Lucy Blossom
        Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
        https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Oops! didn't realise it was that old! That's my first ever post on a craft forum and I thought the search would put the most recent to the top. Thanks for the tip! I see the date now and I will check that before my third post!

Any idea how you search most recent?

Comment

Nevermind I worked it out! YAY

Comment

Originally posted by ReMadeinBritain View Post
              Nevermind I worked it out! YAY
              well done, glad you weren't just popping on to advertise
              Lucy Blossom
              Shop and blog: http://www.lucyblossomcrafts.co.uk
              https://www.facebook.com/LucyBlossomCrafts

Comment

Working...