Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

D&K Christmas Fair 1st-2nd December Lacock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • D&K Christmas Fair 1st-2nd December Lacock

    Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd December 2007
    Manor Barn High Street Lacock
    10.00 am till 4.30 pm

    This is a real scoop for us we will be holding a Christmas art and craft fair at the Manor Barn on the high street in Lacock situated only 100 yards from the entrance into Lacock Abbey.
    With the ever popular 'Christmas in the Cloisters' at Lacock Abbey taken place on the same weekend and with over 5,000 visitors expected over the weekend we are looking forward to a hopefully fantastic weekend.

    If anyone is interested in a table please get in touch
    Debs
    Last edited by DebsB; 16-10-2007, 03:44 PM.
    "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
    www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
    http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
    http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

  • #2
    Debbie,

    Every time you mention this event, it sounds more and more tempting... i'll have to see what I can do!

    Si.
    Wood Tattoos
    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
    Facebook
    Flickr
    Twitter

    Comment


    • #3
      Got to admit Si, we are excited about it Every year our village is overflowing with people visiting the Christmas fayre at the abbey and we are are just 100 yards away Just got to make sure all our crafters are happy and more importantly i have enough stock to last the 2 days
      "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
      www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
      http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
      http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
      http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

      Comment


      • #4
        Debs

        I would be interested, I'm not a fair expert yet, but if I can I will.

        Let me know

        Silversurfer

        Comment


        • #5
          You know I'd do it, but I'm going to be freezing my wotsits off in the Cloisters!!!!

          Might just have to nip over for a bacon sandwich though!

          Si - I would do it if I were you. I knew a jewellery lady who did it last year and she had to stay up the first night making jewellery for the second day because she had sold out! I spoke to another seller at the weekend and she said it can be 5 deep for up to 4 hours!!! Yee Ha! As long as it's clearly signposted that there are "more crafts this way" (as well as yummy bacon butties) you should be quids in!!
          Blog Website Flickr

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks for the advice, Emma, I'm going to be trying to get the weekend off work tonight. We are just very short-staffed in our department at the moment and I've been refused some time off recently... keep your fingers crossed for me!

            My next problem is whether or not to take the risk of both days or just the one... are the Saturday and Sunday as busy as each other?

            I'm starting to really bump up my stock at the moment, working on loads of Christmas items... hopefully it will pay off.

            P.S. I'm beginning to spot an obsession with you and bacon sandwiches!!!
            Wood Tattoos
            Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
            Facebook
            Flickr
            Twitter

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JBJB View Post
              You know I'd do it, but I'm going to be freezing my wotsits off in the Cloisters!!!!

              Might just have to nip over for a bacon sandwich though!

              Si - I would do it if I were you. I knew a jewellery lady who did it last year and she had to stay up the first night making jewellery for the second day because she had sold out! I spoke to another seller at the weekend and she said it can be 5 deep for up to 4 hours!!! Yee Ha! As long as it's clearly signposted that there are "more crafts this way" (as well as yummy bacon butties) you should be quids in!!

              Hi Emma,
              Have made sure there is plenty of Bacon for tomorrow
              We do have signs for the fair but the National Trust ladies when taken payments for admission into the cloisters are going to tell everyone about our fair also.
              Will be thinking of you freezing wotsits off in the Cloisters and having to pack up your wares on the Saturday night and put it all back out on the Sunday morning Not that i am gloating but we have underfloor heating and if you have booked for the weekend everything can stay where it is till the Sunday night
              Debs
              "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
              www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
              http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
              http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
              http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

              Comment


              • #8
                Debbie,

                Can you put me down for a provisional table on 1st December? I've put in for a day off and will know by Mon-Tues if it's been authorised.

                Unfortunately, I know that I can't do the 2nd as we are short-staffed.

                Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

                Comment


                • #9
                  P.S. Hope today went well at the Village Hall! Bacon sandwiches all round...
                  Wood Tattoos
                  Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                  Facebook
                  Flickr
                  Twitter

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Debbie,

                    I've sent you an email requesting a table for the 1st December! Hope to hear from you soon.

                    Si.
                    Wood Tattoos
                    Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                    Facebook
                    Flickr
                    Twitter

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello , My name id Heidi and make my own cards , mostly beaded ones but i make others aswell. Could you let me know if you have any tables available for the fair in Lacock in December ? This would be my first time at selling at a fair and would like to know how to get started.

                      Thanks




                      Originally posted by DebsB View Post
                      Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd December 2007
                      Manor Barn High Street Lacock
                      10.00 am till 4.30 pm

                      This is a real scoop for us we will be holding a Christmas art and craft fair at the Manor Barn on the high street in Lacock situated only 100 yards from the entrance into Lacock Abbey.
                      With the ever popular 'Christmas in the Cloisters' at Lacock Abbey taken place on the same weekend and with over 5,000 visitors expected over the weekend we are looking forward to a hopefully fantastic weekend.

                      If anyone is interested in a table please get in touch
                      Debs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hello Heidi,
                        I am really sorry but we have our our quota of card makers for the weekend.
                        Debs
                        "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
                        www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
                        http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
                        http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
                        http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Lacock

                          Hi Debbie,
                          I have recently signed up to the forum and am looking for fairs to display my beaded jewellery and prints at. This one sound interesting, can you let me know if there are any tables left for either or both of the days (or do you already have a million jewellery tables!)

                          Thanks,
                          Cher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hello Cher,
                            Sorry to say your right we do have our full quota of jewellery tables for this event.
                            Its seems from talking to other crafters and organisers, cards and jewellery places seem to fill up first, good luck in your search.
                            Debs
                            "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life."
                            www.dnk-artandcraftfairs.co.uk
                            http://dkcraftfairs.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.facebook.com/dnkcraftfairs
                            http://www.facebook.com/craftscheesengrain

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DebsB View Post
                              Hello Cher,
                              Sorry to say your right we do have our full quota of jewellery tables for this event.
                              Its seems from talking to other crafters and organisers, cards and jewellery places seem to fill up first, good luck in your search.
                              Debs
                              Thank heavens there is a severe lack of woodburning pyromaniac freaks out there...
                              Wood Tattoos
                              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                              Facebook
                              Flickr
                              Twitter

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X