Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone has direct experience with Greenwich Market ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone has direct experience with Greenwich Market ?

Hi all,

I have visited Greenwich Market (South East London) many times and considering in getting stall there. I researched the website, so know the conditions etc, but just wandered whether anybody here had a direct experience in selling crafts at this market.

Any feedback - good or bad will be most welcomed.

Thank you
    Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

I haven't had a stall there myself but know someone who has (not crafts) and I know that during the busy times, there is a waiting list for stalls and you often only find out at the last minute if you are in or not. He has done well there though so may well be worth a shot.

You do have to get there very early to set up and get your pitch allocation but if you aren't too far away it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Knowing how rubbish I am at getting out of my warm bed at stupid o'clock to get to places early, it is still not on my list at the moment...

Would be interested to know how you get on if you do take a stall there.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi

Yep have had expereience in selling at Greenwich and as long as your craft is orignal and different then they will give you a chance, there isnt that much of a waiting list, but you will have to big up your stall as they will be very fussy as to how is laid out and that you make it look as good as you can, and will tell you if there are ways of improving. The best thing to do is go there and meet the manager, the times when he is around are on the website, and if they are interested they will give you a trial during the week, and then you work your way upto the weekends from there. depending on what you sell you maybe lucky and get a stall immediately.

Personally it wasnt for us, but the traders there are really friendly.

Comment

hi magdelena,

i've also had a stall at the market, when i was pregnant with my youngest, so a few years ago now. it was on the sunday, selling handmade ceramics. we did ok and yes, the other stall holders are very friendly and helpful. the manager was diferent then, so cant comment about that side of things. am thinking of doing a stall there again, but then i make jewellery............. and although i feel mine is a little different to the other jewellery stalls there, i'm guessing they'll see it as 'its still more jewellery'! i would want to do a friday tho; firstly its quite a lot cheaper (ok, not so many people either) and secondly, my kids are at school

i'd say, go and speak to the manager, what have you got to lose??
        Crafty Moo!
        http://www.folksy.com/shops/urbanfairy

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=apps&ap=...70164056332933

http://www.urbanfairy-jewellerydesigns.blogspot.com

http://twitter.com/#!/urbanfairyannie

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts and ideas. Greenwich Market is definitelly on my list of things to explore this year, so I will go along and see. I want to few selected fairs throughout the year, so this definitelly tick the box.

Once again, thank you and will let you know, how I got on...
          Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

Comment

I know someone who has a stand irregularly to sell mounted photographs of Kent. He found that the cost of parking for a whole day was quite expensive. At the weekend he would be parking from about 9am, and if the people were arround, sometimes until 11pm. That was costing him about £30! So do check out the local long term car parks.

Roger

Comment

Working...
            X