Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you seen "sweet" trees at a craft fair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen "sweet" trees at a craft fair?

I was at a craft fair recently and someone was selling little trees made of sweets. I have seen bouquets of sweets before but these were really eye catching and different. One was made out of ferrero rocher and I guess it was made on florists foam but the most colourful one was a christmas tree made out of quality street. I was thinking of having a go for xmas pressies but I think I might eat more than I stick on .... Fab idea though but they were selling at £40 each which I thought was a bit steep.
    Angela Devine

I've never heard of such things. £40 worth of ferero rocher sounds like a lot of chocolate.
    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I have seen sweet bouquets (only the once though - they didn't come back the following year to the show so don't know if that indicated that they weren't selling well...) but they weren't in that sort of price range. I don't think I would want to eat it if I had paid £40 which sort of defeats the object of the whole thing doesn't it!!

Did you get any photos of them? I would love to see them.
      Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
      Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
      Follow me on Twitter:
      @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hello
        I make sweet trees from a variety of sweets such as All sorts, Rolo's, Minstrels, Marshmallows, Toasted coconut, Coconut mushrooms, Strawberry jellies,Rum truffles, large italian gold wrapped praulines. All pots are filled with a variety of sweets but no nuts are used (just in case) and I sell mine for £20 if you are interested.
        Bernie

Comment

I've made the sweet trees in the past using quality street, celebrations etc (using a cone of card as the centre and building the sweets round it). The thing I would point out is that they are quite time consuming, use lots of glue and actually take more sweets to complete than you'd first think. Look lovely as a table decoration though. Have a go - they're easy and good fun to make.
          Wid

Comment

Seen these at Leighton Buzzard Christmas Fair and they made me hungry. They look awesome. I imagine these will work well for Valentines day, mothers day and Easter. I had to look closely at them, I initially thought they were bouquets of flowers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wid View Post
              I've made the sweet trees in the past using quality street, celebrations etc (using a cone of card as the centre and building the sweets round it). The thing I would point out is that they are quite time consuming, use lots of glue and actually take more sweets to complete than you'd first think. Look lovely as a table decoration though. Have a go - they're easy and good fun to make.
              I found a great tutorial online yesterday showing how to make these (sadly I forgot to bookmark it but hopefully I can find it again easily!) I think I might have a go at some point in the future but I agree the number of sweets was quite daunting (especially as I would need twice as many to allow for 'wastage' (i.e. eating!)
              Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
              Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
              Follow me on Twitter:
              @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Originally posted by AliCat View Post
                I found a great tutorial online yesterday showing how to make these (sadly I forgot to bookmark it but hopefully I can find it again easily!) I think I might have a go at some point in the future but I agree the number of sweets was quite daunting (especially as I would need twice as many to allow for 'wastage' (i.e. eating!)
                Ah yes "wastage" comes in two forms for the trees I made - the ones you eat and the ones that aren't in twist wrappers and therefore can't be attached, hence also have to be eaten!
                Wid

Comment

I'll offer my "waste management services" for free
                  full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I'd be happy to cover quality assurance

Comment

Yes seen them in the East Midlands someone called Candy Treets I believe they are on Facebook.

Comment

Also this company called Sweet Cake Delights but they are not that expensive as £40

https://www.facebook.com/sweetcakedelights1

Comment

I've made these in the past but would never charge £40 for one - who in their right mind would pay that ????? Mine are half the price, however i do only make them at xmas, easter, valentines and mothers day - much nicer than just giving a tin of sweets, i love the way my children sit and watch me make them and if any fall off as i am putting them together they move so fast, if you blink you miss who's nabbed it Just making up stocks now ready for the xmas craft fairs that i am going to xx
                          Life is too short to wonder "what if"

www.cwmfedwcraft.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                          X