Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT 21 stall hollders need for event on 17th December in Swindon

Hi,

I'm looking for a large number of stall holders for my event at St Josephs Catholic college, swindon on 17th December.

Stall cost £20 for a 6ft table.

Please contact me me for details.

[email protected]
    fabuloso-splendido
    Last edited by fabuloso-splendido; 07-12-2011, 10:44 PM.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?63778-URGENT-21-stall-hollders-need-for-event-on-17th-December-in-Swindon

Facebook post.............................................. ............................................

''If any of my crafty friends were thinking of doing this, I'd advise you to think very carefully! This is the organiser of the appalling fair in Marlborough who had no table plan, was not there to meet and organise the crafters, and who did not advertise at all (Idon't count an A4 poster on the door as advertising!) There is a reason she is desperate, it's because everyone on her mailing list has been burnt already.''

• Maybe anyone showing interest in this event should take note of this post on facebook and make further enquiries before committing themselves. I have no axe to grind with this organiser but I do know people who have had tables with them, so it's up to you to make an informed decision and maybe speak to people who have tried to sell with them before. If they don't have a problem they shouldn't mind you speaking to stallholders.
    Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

I am the organiser involved here and I have had no written complaints about the event in Marlborough, I would have liked the chance to personally respond to any qualms stall holders had about the event.

Unfortunately there were a few hiccups at the Marlborough event, it was a mixture of me being a rookie in some respects as it was the first event of this type I had organised, and poor management from the town hall in question which had not carried out my requests. I admit I learned a few lessons that I will certainly put into practise at any future events, but if you could please read on I would like to respond to the claims made.

Stall holders were allowed to choose where they wanted to have their stall rather than be dictated to by me.

I can assure you that advertising was carried out as I personally delivered 600 leaflets to all restaurents, shops and cafes in Marlborough high street, not to mention putting posters up in the local supermarket, in the agreed locations on the town hall subject to the rules set by the council, in the library and surrounding villages, as well as advertising on local websites, social media and local radio.

Footfall was roughly 150 people over the day.

The stall holders which had an issue were mainly disgruntled because there was no banner outside the main entrance to which I had NOT been given permission by the town council and unfortunately they did not have good sales that day - however many other stall holders did have great sales and told me personally on the day. I wish I could have guaranteed great sales for everybody but it really does depend on what the customer wants to buy on the day.

I did have some very positive feedback from many stall holders who have since signed up for further events with me and I would be pleased to give their details as references.

I have had to cancel the event to which I was requesting stall holders, due to lack of interest from stall holders, I had a number crafters of which had booked and were very dissappointed to learn it was cancelled, but it was mainly due short notice and quantity of clashing events that meant I needed stalls.

If anybody would like any further clarification please feel free to contact me but I hope this clears up any issues the persons involved may have had.

Comment

Working...
      X