desparately seeking advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• desparately seeking advise

hi, i'm in need off advise from all you experienced crafters....i'm due to do my first craft market in a few weeks and i've just been told i need insurance.
    can anybody tell me of a good company to get some from and if i need any other "official" stuff before the day.
    thanks

Hiya - yes, these days you will need insurance and its worth investigating if you are going to do more craft fairs/markets etc. I am sure many people on the forum will answer with suggestions of some of the companies they use but in the meantime this might be a useful link for you to start: http://www.nmtf.co.uk/index.php?id_cpg=1

Mel

Comment

Hi

There are a number of options to look for for insurance. Ian Wallace offers a policy for crafters and the market traders association also offers insurance packages.

Good Luck

willow973

Comment

thanks for the tips will be chasing them up...........i would have replied sooner but its taken 2 days to get my pass work to work! just some thing else to wory about befor my first fair!!!!!!!

Comment

I recently purchased my public liability insurance through CMTIA and it cost £48.50 for a year's cover, including a small admin charge & credit card charge. The policy is covered by Zurich and the certificate arrived very quickly.

Details are as follows:

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association (CMTIA)

Underwritten by Zurich
          Tel: 020 8554 5273
          £46 per year

This covers you for public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
          This also covers your products up to £5,000,000 but not second hand products.
          You can use this policy for one stall a day in any location in Europe.
          No excess.

Pay by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card (there is a £1.50 charge to do this) or by calling
          020 8554 5273.
          The policy will be faxed straight away to you.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by woodtattoos View Post
            I recently purchased my public liability insurance through CMTIA and it cost £48.50 for a year's cover, including a small admin charge & credit card charge. The policy is covered by Zurich and the certificate arrived very quickly.

Details are as follows:

Combined Market Traders Insurance Association (CMTIA)

Underwritten by Zurich
            Tel: 020 8554 5273
            £46 per year

This covers you for public liability insurance up to £5,000,000.
            This also covers your products up to £5,000,000 but not second hand products.
            You can use this policy for one stall a day in any location in Europe.
            No excess.

Pay by cheque, postal order, debit or credit card (there is a £1.50 charge to do this) or by calling
            020 8554 5273.
            Th e policy will be faxed straight away to you.
            I went with these guys too and they are very good!
            Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
            My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
            My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

thanks....their much cheeper, that the first quote i got,

i've been given another...hiscox, so i'll try both, don't want to blow all my proffit on insurance!

Comment

Good luck with your quotes. I'm fairly new to all this as well and I know what you mean about not wanting to spend all your profit.

Have you registered as a self-employed earner yet? There's lots of useful advice on the forums about that as well, which has helped me find out that I might even end up with a tax rebate on my full time earnings if (as expected) my crafts business runs at a loss on paper.

Jeez, what have I got myself into? So much work!

Si.
                Wood Tattoos
                Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                Facebook
                Flickr
                Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X