Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture hiring for event at Peterborough

Hi all

I have an event at The East of England showground next month (I love Pets) and am going to have to get the train I will now need to hire furniture, but the company they have suggested are VERY expensive (£80 for a table!!!) can anybody suggest anywhere nearby that may hire, and do you think it is ok to use a company they haven't suggested?

Thank you in advance. Last day for me to sort with this other company is Thurs. Eeeek!
    xx
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

£80 I think I'm in the wrong business, off to buy some tables

I'm guessing part of the hire charge will be delivering the table to the venue as I assume if you're travelling by train you wouldn't be able to collect it. If this is the case then the nearer the company is to the venue the better.

Even better would be if any of our lovely members here who are based in Peterborough could lend you a table, I'm sure you wouldn't mind paying their petrol costs to drop it off for you. Maybe if you don't get any joy from this thread you could start a new one looking for Peterborough members?
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I know right? It's madness! This company have been recommended to the hundreds of stallholders too, and the tables (apart from an odd shelf) are the cheapest items they have! So they will be definately in the area.

Good idea about forum members - I shall do a shoutout!!!

Thank you xx
      Dee x

Comment

Is there a church hall, youth club or meeting/conference room nearby? They usually have tables that you could hire. If you contact the caretaker, Vicar or booking person they may be able to help.

Melanie

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
          Maybe if you don't get any joy from this thread you could start a new one looking for Peterborough members?
          I like the idea of sharing, thoughts, tips, ideas and networking so perhaps a "Members Map" on the forum could have been of use here?

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook
          Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
          bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Originally posted by silvermaid View Post
            Is there a church hall, youth club or meeting/conference room nearby? They usually have tables that you could hire. If you contact the caretaker, Vicar or booking person they may be able to help.

Melanie
            That's a very good idea! I hadn't thought of that. Thank you I will investigate!x
            Dee x

Comment

Hi Dee,

I think that most furniture rental places will charge the earth. Ive just hired some for work for an exhibition and the chairs alone were £45 each.
              It is crazy money but they get the business because they know people cant always bring big bulky items with them.

Good luck with the show

Chloe
              xx
              www.zazu-jewellery.co.uk
              http://zazu-jewellery.blogspot.com/
              http://www.facebook.com/zazujewellery
              @zazujewellery

Comment

£45 a chair! Ouch! Thanks Chloe, I fell into the trap once of buying the whole shell scheme package (minus furniture) but this time I've just literally gone for 'space only' already saved me couple £100 I've chosen a corner bit so should get two flows of people I hope!xx
                Dee x

Comment

Furniture hire is very expensive for events - mainly because of the damage and thefts! Sadly many people don't treat items with much care when it isn't their own - I know, I worked in the events industry for 20 years and have seen things which would make your hair curl!

Most furniture company hire is expensive due to this so getting something sorted out privately will definitely be the best option. Do check what access will be available to the venue during set up as this can be restricted without permits & passes so do make sure you speak to the organisers to make sure your table doesn't end up being stuck somewhere!

Good luck with the show.
                  Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
                  Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
                  Follow me on Twitter:
                  @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

If you could carry a lightweight folding table then have a look on ebay.#

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...All-Categories

You can buy one for less than the hire charge!!!!

Roger

Comment

Originally posted by keystamp View Post
                      If you could carry a lightweight folding table then have a look on ebay.#

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...All-Categories

You can buy one for less than the hire charge!!!!

Roger
                      Good Idea Roger,

I reset my area on eBay and found this supplier in
                      Peterborough...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-Bl...8#ht_591wt_901 for £48 + £10 for delivery.

It looks like they have quite a few bits & bobs for outside events too. Perhaps they'd deliver for free?

It's also light enough to carry home as you'll have sold everything you took

Vik

Please not that I have no association or affiliation with this company and make no reward from suggesting it.

Oakdale Studios Facebook
                      Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
                      bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

Why not buy new ones - would be less expensive, have them delivered to your stall ( we did this once or twice with items we needed).

Make fliers to give to other stall holders offering "cheap new tables" even if you only get a tenner each for them, it would be a win win for everyone?

Jane
                        www.just-soaps.com
                        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

I now have lots of choice, thanks all. I'd never thought of actually setting my location to Peterborough on ebay! Will have a look I do have a wallpaper table which is very light but there may just be me on the train and don't fancy carry that as well as me big suitcase! I just checked with the guy from the company and he has no problem with me using other companies so it may be an option to have them delivered as you suggested Jane.

Thank you!xx
                          Dee x

Comment

Working...
                          X