Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed from the experienced experts on this forum!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed from the experienced experts on this forum!

I've done quite a few craft fairs at a local level, all indoors, so not exactly a complete novice, but I'm doing an outdoor show for the whole weekend next month with a footfall of a couple of thousand. There won't be on-site security (which I was hoping for) so I guess I'll have to pack everything up again at the end of saturday and set up again on Sunday - it'll keep me fit if nothing else!

The folks who do events like this - what size float do you take? I don't have a card machine or anything, so can only take cash - unless they have paypal, or a smartphone and can pay me by email/paypal. The withdrawal of cheque guarantee cards came just at the wrong moment! How does everyone else manage - or do you all take cards via a teminal?

Any other advice will be warmly received!

Judith
    www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

I don't take any different float to normal for outdoor shows but then I do take cards although I don't necessarily take any more at an outdoor show (sometimes it is all cash as people know that there won't be a bank handy so tend to take cash with them).

We tend to take all our stock home overnight at outdoor fairs (security or not) and close the gazebo up with just the tables inside (covered with plastic incase it rains - gazebos aren't waterproof!) If it is due to be windy, it is actually safer to just leave the gazebo up without sides and take all the tables away with you as the sides can act like sails in the wind. Remember to take a ground sheet with you - it saves things getting too damp from being on the ground.

Outdoor shows can be really fun and usually the arena events are great to watch if you are able to see what is going on.

Good luck with your fair - I am sure you will be fine.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Ali, thank you so much - hadn't even thought about groundsheet or anything! The shows I normally go to as a customer always have that fake carpet/matting stuff, but this is smaller than those so ground covering will probably be necessary. Now, all I have to do is remember where I put it.....!
      www.happysheepdesigns.com

Photographic cards, prints and gifts, and hand-knitted/crocheted accessories and clothing

www.busyted.co.uk

Home of Busy Ted! Also find him on Twitter @busytedstuff and on Facebook

Comment

Working...
      X