Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Southampton, Oxford Street Arts & Craft Market. Has anyone been there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southampton, Oxford Street Arts & Craft Market. Has anyone been there?

Hi All,

I am looking at doing the Oxford Street Arts and Craft market that has just started up, it's on the 4th Sunday of every month. Prices are reasonable for a pitch but I will need to purchase insurance. The only thing is that I haven't had the chance to visit the two markets so far.

Has anyone been there or have a pitch there?

Toni
    Funky Sprogs
    Toni
    www.funkysprogs.co.uk

Haven't yet but work on Oxford Street during the week and would love to check it out. If you get there before me, please do let me know what you think.

Comment

Oooh! Sounds interesting! Make sure you keep us posted.

Comment

Hi Toni,

I have done both of the Oxford Street Markets. The first wasn't great, as the organisers hadn't done much advertising so no-one knew it was there, plus the weather was pretty dreadful. The second one was much better; people are starting to realise that it is on and the weather was really beautiful...I think it is going to be one of those markets where the weather will dicate how busy it is.
        But I can definately say it's worthwile doing, I can't do the July 24th one, but will be doing the others after that. As you say the pitch is reasonable, there's free parking for stallholders (another thing that was sorted out after the first market, because we all complained about how expensive parking was!) and the organisers are genuinely helpful.
        Give it a go!

Comment

Just had an email to say that there are not enough stallholders for it to go ahead this weekend...very frustrating as it is a great location, good price but nobody knows it is on.
          Toni
          www.funkysprogs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X