Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waddington air show

hi all
    Has anyone ever done this show before, i havent done an air show before the nearest thing being the totally awful northampton balloon fest last year which was a total disaster with the wrong sort of people unless your items were for under £3 ... a couple of events companys claim the footfall is about 100,000 which surely means as long as the marquee is posistioned right a good amount of people will come through.
    all thoughts welcome

cheers mark

Air shows certainly attract plenty of people so that is a great start. Of course, you can't always guarantee they are going to spend their money but that is the case at any event but just having the volume of customers should mean you do well. Just be prepared for the marquee to become deserted every time a plane is heard (I do the Shoreham Airshow) providing you are positioned well, they should come back!!

Good luck if you decide to go ahead.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

Hi Mark

We are taking our own marquee so will be outside.

Just hope it is a good one.

Maybe see you there

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by marblemark View Post
        hi all
        Has anyone ever done this show before, i havent done an air show before the nearest thing being the totally awful northampton balloon fest last year which was a total disaster with the wrong sort of people unless your items were for under £3 ... a couple of events companys claim the footfall is about 100,000 which surely means as long as the marquee is posistioned right a good amount of people will come through.
        all thoughts welcome

cheers mark
        Hi Mark. Have you booked a stand? I'm going with craftpeople 2000 but not sure yet where their marquee is, there is one at either end of the field, I'm hoping it's the one near Jane so I can go and have a chin wag

I have visited before and the marquees get busy if it is raining, It's the most I've ever paid for a stand and has the potential to go either way. It'll either be very good or very bad,

cheers
        Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

hi jane & lilacmoon,

oh i really dont know what too do havent booked it yet still seeing what other options there are for that weekend but there isnt many.

maybe see you there if not have a good un

Comment

Hi Mark

We have not done it before - have heard good and bad?

Come and say Hi if you come along, if not I am sure we will catch up again soon:-)

Jane
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS
            FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
            Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

have taken the plunge and will see you there..

cheers Mark

Comment

Hay Mark. who did you book with or have you got your own space???
                Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

Hi guys how did this go for you? I want to do it this year
                  Dee x
                  Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                  Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                  Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
                  X