Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on how to get into doing craft fairs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on how to get into doing craft fairs!

Hi after doing hand beaded jewellery as a hobbie ive decided to take it further and would like to do craft fairs just dont know where to get information about them, how to get into them, where they are in scotland. would be looking to start doing them this coming novemeber/december but dont know where to look???

would be grateful for advice

many thanks
    Crystal Candy Jewellery Quality beaded jewellery Find me on ebay search under seller C_rennie21 for some unmissable jewelley products as amazing prices!!

Maybe you could try tourist information or try contacting the council, they should know what going on it the area or at least put you in contact with someone who does.
    Or if you have big craft shops like Hobbycraft they may have notices of craft fairs with contact details.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

HI To find craft fairs, try the following 2 websites. They both have a lot of detail re up and coming craft fairs..

www.craftsmanonline.co.uk and

www.craft-fair.co.uk

Hope this helps

regards
      JOHN www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

Where abouts in Scotland are you looking for.

Comment

Craft fairs and potential business

If you want to start selling your jewellery and become a business don't just limit yourself to craft fairs. Start fundraising! Did you know there are over 160,000 registered charities in Britain, 35,000 schools and colleges (that’s a lot of PTAs) not to mention church groups, sports clubs and individuals who are all trying to raise funds for their worthy cause. And what’s more they are always looking for ways to fundraise or people to attend their events!

Fundraising events are a cost effective method of promoting your business. Why? Well, what's exciting about fundraising events is that they are a massive market of different groups of people that your business wouldn't easily get to - charity groups, school PTA members and parents, mothers from the playgroup, church groups, sports clubs, league of friends, church groups, local hospices, special interest groups, women’s groups, Brownie and Cub packs to name a few.

By attending a fundraising event you can raise the profile of your business locally, generate new customers, sales, leads and bookings.

Good luck with your business!

Are your details on our fundraisers directory?
          Visit fundraisers-uk.com!. Let school ptas, charities, clubs and fundraisers find out about your business. http://www.fundraisers-uk.com/main.php - connecting the right people!

Comment

Re: Need advice on how to get into doing craft fairs!

Hi

Can I just suggest, in your signature, you can put a link directly to your items on ebay. Open a web page on your items list on ebay and copy the address. Also I would consider changing your ID user. I haven't and can't really do it now as people remember me by user ID as well as shop name...! Just an idea...

For craft fairs, look for posters, in the local press, contact the organisers, ... That's how I got into some craft fairs. Sometime people drop out at the last minute so as long as your stuff is ready, great!

Also network at the craft fair, try and find out if other people know of other craft fairs....

One thing that I have not done is jewellery party but I know a couple of people who have great success with these.

Good luck
            Bea
            Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I see from your ebay info that your in/around Fife.

It's an area I don't know a lot about but if you do a search on the following you might hit lucky

Vintage Rally
              Steam Rally
              Country Shows
              Agricultural Shows
              Highland Games
              County Shows
              Horse Trials

Any event that brings in the crowds are usually well advertised but that's usually after the applications are well underway and space if any left are limited by the time you see the adverts, but even if your unlucky to get in at that time ask them to keep your details for next year/event.

Are you near Kilsyth? if so there is the Kilsyth Carnival to consider.

3D2D are the craft association/organisers for the Edinburth area, they will want to vet your craft.

Do a search for both their websites

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Fran

Comment

Working...
              X