Size of craft fairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size of craft fairs

I went to a fairly-well-advertised craft fair at a shopping centre today and was both shocked and surprised to see only 8 stalls, tucked under the escalators ... how common is this sort of arrangement? TBH I would only have called 5 of them, craft stalls.

They did seem to be fairly steadily busy while I watched, and of course people go to a shopping centre to shop, but the small number of stalls made it seem a bit - I don't know - sad and lonely.

i presume your talking about the lowry? I wasnt impressed with that last time I went, so havnt bothered this time. Ive been to one in Blackburn which is a similar set up in that it is craft stalls around the normal market, and it was much better, loads of stalls, loads of variety, all handmade. And, a lot cheaper!
    I like to make things - usually a mess!
    Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
    http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, that's the one. It was rather strange, I thought. If there had been more stalls it would have been better, but this was just ... very odd. And not really 'crafty'. Nothing to watch or look at - disappointing.

How often is the one at Blackburn Market held?

Comment

usually around christmas. The market was shut for refurbishment this year so it was held in the middle of the high street, my feet have just about warmed up from that!
        I like to make things - usually a mess!
        Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
        http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

That's really interesting, I'd heard about the event at the lowry and wondered how it worked, as couldn't thihk of where the stalls would go. I have, however heard that it's a really busy fair.
          Harmonia's

www.harmonias.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Harmonias/165589430154256

Comment

I imagine the number of stalls will be dependent on the amount of space available. In a shopping centre, there is going to be a lot of people so a lot of space will have to be left clear for people walking around. It's a shame they were just tucked away somewhere instead of being out in the open.
            Stephen
            Website - Soy of the North
            Blog - If Soy Candles Could Talk
            Twitter - random thoughts
            Facebook - more random thoughts

Comment

If it is in a shopping centre then 8 stalls might be a very good number and there could be some interesting work on display but if you had driven and paid money to get in a venue and there were only 8 stalls it would be a letdown. Sometimes if I remeber there would be 150 so called craft stalls at shows and it would be hard to find anything of much depth and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmonias View Post
                That's really interesting, I'd heard about the event at the lowry and wondered how it worked, as couldn't thihk of where the stalls would go. I have, however heard that it's a really busy fair.
                It didn't appear hugely busy to me, to be honest. Mind you, I didn't hang around for very long. Where they were wasn't too bad, as people would probably pass them at least twice, and a sign indicated more stalls upstairs - where the food court is - but there weren't any when I went upstairs to look.

Comment

Working...
                X