PLAYDEN WEEKEND May 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLAYDEN WEEKEND May 14-15

1st thing this am we went to hand over Hallucinating Hare, Punch Drunk, The Watering Hole and Drop-in Centre (featured below) to the hanging committee for the Playden Wkd.

There's posh. I happened to glance @ the catalogue of exhibitors (as you do) thinking it would be the usual Doris Scroates et al but who happened to be there ~ just above me and priced only slightly dearer?

The illustrious Richard Adams that's who. His wife is putting a few in too.

And there I was bemoaning the way we no longer exhibit @ the Wrotham Arts Festival and here we are: one with a pretty good pedigree within walking distance. Choh!

I'm down for selling the miniatures on a table up a corner. Could be interesting. Asked if they've a lavatory. Answer was a resounding no but they might be getting one in July if the builders get their act together. And the whereabouts of this venue without a WC till July? (Fingers crossed ~ and legs!) Just click here.

Last edited by grenville allen; 14-05-2011, 10:34 AM. Reason: adding more info
    .Grenville Allen.
    -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Think we'll be retiring to Madeira on the proceeds from this!

Originally posted by grenville allen View Post
    ...I happened to glance @ the catalogue of exhibitors (as you do) thinking it would be the usual Doris Scroates et al but who happened to be there ~ just above me and priced only slightly dearer?

The illustrious Richard Adams that's who. His wife is putting a few in too.

And there I was bemoaning the way we no longer exhibit @ the Wrotham Arts Festival and here we are: one with a pretty good pedigree within walking distance. Choh!

I'm down for selling the miniatures on a table up a corner. Could be interesting. Asked if they've a lavatory. Answer was a resounding no but they might be getting one in July if the builders get their act together....

In the entrance was the ubiquitous ice cream selling little old lady greeting everyone like Gollum "We've strawberry and green gage, my little precious. Would you like to try?"

So the whole thing was a non-event. All very WI jam & Jerusalem. But we spent nowt, gained nowt. And I didn't even attend it, getting on with a much-needed pic instead.

On Sunday we popped along to Dora's village hall do to see what we'd missed. Asked someone if it was going ok, seeing how empty the car park was. Answer: "No!"

So as I say nothing lost, nothing gained. And I've almost finished the pic. Phew!
    Grenville Allen
    ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'
    Last edited by grenville allen; 22-05-2011, 08:07 AM. Reason: missing sub-clause
    .Grenville Allen.
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Like a phoenix rising out of the ashes of a potentially disastrous wkd

Originally posted by grenville allen View Post
      In the entrance was the ubiquitous ice cream selling little old lady greeting everyone like Gollum "We've strawberry and green gage, my little precious. Would you like to try?"

So the whole thing was a non-event. All very WI jam & Jerusalem. But we spent nowt, gained nowt. And I didn't even attend it, getting on with a much-needed pic instead.

On Sunday we popped along to Dora's village hall do to see what we'd missed. Asked someone if it was going ok, seeing how empty the car park was. Answer: "No!"

So as I say nothing lost, nothing gained. And I've almost finished the pic. Phew!
      Grenville Allen
      ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'
      And I've just managed to get some of my pics in a lovely little gift shop. Turns out it shares a doorway with our dentist and the OH just happens to have a dodgy tooth, perfect in every way but rocking 'n' rolling; gums not so good.

Anyway, the woman in the shop loved the stuff and can't get enough of it. I, as usual, am all over the place, trying to get the various bits out of the car to show her, whilst the OH is lying on her back having her gums prodded. Turns out I got the wrong stuff out ~ the slightly bigger than 8" x 8" double-mounted miniatures but they were well-liked anyway.

So. We drive back and I'm suitably chastised for getting it wrong as per usual. We pull up on the drive and I offer to wash the car as recompense.

Aaargh! Horror of horrors. She's only gone & left her best new coat @ the dentist's! Must've been all the stress of it.

Straightaway we're heading back with me to jump out & retrieve said object before someone else purloins it. Since the dentist's in the same doorway as the gift shop I have to greet the woman again. "You've just sold!" she says excitedly.

"Bloody hell, that was quick," I reply.

So then it was a great chance now for us to push in 20 double-mounted minis as the OH 1st proposed 'til I cocked it up. Great when something good comes out of disaster, innit?!

.Grenville Allen.
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Well done. Hope you gets lots of dosh. Isnt it strange how good rises out of bad.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Life's ups & downs

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
          Well done. Hope you gets lots of dosh...
          We'll need it to pay for the tooth plug-ins. LOL

All this is one of the reasons I don't like winning anything. Won £100 cash @ a Woodland Crafts event in Lancing which was bril. But next morning I wake up with a massive water blister on my ankle:Alien%20growth%20&.JPG Good job I don't do the lottery!

.Grenville Allen.
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

I see, it works in the opposite direction too then. lol
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X