Indoor craft market in south London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor craft market in south London

Hello - we have recently started a small, indoor craft fair in Streatham, SW16. Tip Top Table Sale launched on May 1st and we will be running every Sunday from 12-4pm. It is free to enter and we charge a fee to hire a table (which we provide).

The venue is a large community hall, owned and accessible via The White Lion pub (whitelion.org.uk) - which is an eclectic music venue which also boasts a hostel and regularly puts on events for local groups, as well as offering music and technology training for school kids. All of these activities help the owner's charity, Music4Children (music4children.org), and we donate 20% of all table fees to the charity - so far, they have helped build an orphanage in Nepal.

We are keen to attract more vendors, although there are no more than 15 spaces available each week. In the first week, there were handmade cosmetics, luxury cakes, vintage clothes, fabric artworks and costume jewellery on sale.

If you are interested in a stall, please visit our website and make a booking via PayPal. Then, simply email us with your preferred date(s). There are discounts for long-term bookings too, so please chat to us first if you are thinking of booking for more than 4 weeks.

That's pretty much it - but please do feel free to come and have a browse if you are in the area.

Many thanks,
    Miss Tip Top
    =====
    Indoor craft market - every other Sunday - 12-5pm - White Lion pub, 232 Streatham High Road, SW16

Click here Tip Top Table Sale
    =====

Hi everyone,

We've now extended our opening hours from 12-5pm and are expanding as the owner of the venue really likes what we are trying to do.

This weekend is a bit light due to a lot of vendors being on holiday at the same time - if you're available and would like to try us out, please get in touch.

Thanks,
    Miss Tip Top
    (Joyce)
    =====
    Indoor craft market - every other Sunday - 12-5pm - White Lion pub, 232 Streatham High Road, SW16

=====

Comment

Heya Joyce...

When I first saw your thread yesterday I had problem accessing the link you put at your signature and I just leave it as it is. But today I tried again and I noticed it's because in your link... your 'tiptop...' was spelled wrongly as 'titptop...

Hope this helps you get more people viewing and inquiring further

I might be interested to join one sunday soon. Thanks for 'threading' about it.

Celine Jo
      from
      eyeARTyou
      ( based in East London )

P/S : If my advice/suggestion has helped you, you could click on the star at the bottom left to add to my reputation.

Blog :
      http://eyeartyou.blogspot.com/
      FB Page : In Progress
      Email : [email protected]

Comment

I think I may be interested. But I can't get your link to work?

Comment

Originally posted by madpiano View Post
          I think I may be interested. But I can't get your link to work?
          Just click on http://www.tiptoptablesale.co.uk/
          .Grenville Allen.
          -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

I followed the link but it says
            MAKE MONEY! RECYCLE! CLEAR OUT YOUR HOME!
            RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY!

Whatever your motivation, Tip Top Table Sale can help. Every week we run a fantastic, fun and friendly people’s market where you can sell your treasure - and maybe find some for yourself...
            which isn't quite the same thing as
            Hello - we have recently started a small, indoor craft fair in Streatham
            I get that maybe you wanted to cover the bases but the two are very different and what is on your webpage put me off immediately. Sadly I have been to too many craft fairs that weren't... I hope it takes off for you.

Comment

Hi - thanks for posting a corrected link; bit silly of me...

Tip Top does cover both bases but we are aiming to attract more crafts people or small franchisees for a more professional appearance. However, as you might expect, we do get quite a few people looking to sell odds and ends. The level of success rests more on the confidence and level of engagement of the stallholder more than the stock.

We are now fortnightly - to try and make it more of an 'event' and give us time to fill the spaces - and have reduced the table rate to £10, as we now have space for 15-20 stalls as the landlord has ensured we have the bar area, courtyard and stables to use.
              =====

=====

Comment

I've taken a look at your website - it looks great. I just have a couple of questions. How many people do you allow behind one stall? And is there good parking available at the community hall? Thanks!
                http://www.etsy.com/shop/QueenVictoriana

Comment

Originally posted by queenvictoriana View Post
                  I've taken a look at your website - it looks great. I just have a couple of questions. How many people do you allow behind one stall? And is there good parking available at the community hall? Thanks!
                  Hi - you can have as many people behind your stall as you like! However, it's always best to have people who are concentrating on engaging with customers, promoting your items and generally being part of the event.

In the past, we have had people chatting to one another and ignoring customers, texting, reading, all sorts - clearly, they didn't sell much and haven't been back!

Parking is available on a side street on the opposite side of the road to the venue (which is a pub with an open-air courtyard and converted stables).

Thanks,
                  Joyce
                  =====

=====

Comment

Thanks for the info, Joyce. I'm probably going to try to book one in August!
                    http://www.etsy.com/shop/QueenVictoriana

Comment

Hello Joyce

I am very interested in getting a stall but I would like to have a quite chat before. Is it possible to contact you by phone?

Thank you very much

Juliana Velez

Comment

Hi all,

I have just received my money back for two sales that I booked. I questionned why I had received a refund but have had no response. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
                        Vist my website at www.by-invitations.co.uk
                        Find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/byinvitations
                        Or follow me on Twitter at www.twitter.com/byinvitation37

Comment

Working...
                        X