Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabbages and Frocks in London

The original remark has been withdrawn.
    Last edited by Benedicte; 05-05-2011, 12:07 AM.

Bénédicte
    www.vividblossom.com

www.vimeo.com/17225478

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vivid-...58046584242009

Wow - great timing - was just about to fire off an email enquiring about that one!

sorry you had a bad time though - i have also just had a disasterous event this weekend - again it seems a small minority of organisers just do not think about anything other than getting the stall fee in the pocket!

it is a shame as it gives other good and thoughtful organisers a bad name ..... out of the 30 or so events i have exhibited at in the last year i think only 3 or 4 have been badly organised - but annoyingly these are the ones i remember!

I want to do one of the London markets - but choosing which one is frightening as the fees are so high......hopefully someone on here will know of a really good one !?!

xxxx
    Handmade....with Vintage Style!
    www.SimplyVintageDesigns.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter: Simply_Vintage
    and a new blog!! http://simply-vintage-designs.blogspot.com/

Comment

From a fellow sufferer....

Originally posted by meliguin View Post
      Wow - great timing - was just about to fire off an email enquiring about that one!

sorry you had a bad time though - i have also just had a disasterous event this weekend - again it seems a small minority of organisers just do not think about anything other than getting the stall fee in the pocket!

it is a shame as it gives other good and thoughtful organisers a bad name ..... out of the 30 or so events i have exhibited at in the last year i think only 3 or 4 have been badly organised - but annoyingly these are the ones i remember!

I want to do one of the London markets - but choosing which one is frightening as the fees are so high......hopefully someone on here will know of a really good one !?!

xxxx
      Agree with all the above and we shared a marquee this wkd @ Bewl.

Anyway, we used to find Greenwich good. Couldn't get in the main hall ~ too full ~ or the manager didn't like the look of us. But outside in the little covered stalls worked just as well for us.

Again, like you driving down here, the travelling costs have put paid to that one but it could be handy for you. Likewise the Bromley Mkt, which AliCat does. We did that from its inception in '97. Taking a grand a day @ Christmas but like all these things it got infiltrated by market traders and chancers who've wrecked it. Last time we did it this March we took 160. 75 outlay + 25 for diesel each way. So another one we've dropped.

Your Cranbrook one, Meliguin, looks more like our kind of distance these days.

Sorry never got chance to say hello to you this wkd. There's a few people this wkd we're not likely to see again!

Last edited by grenville allen; 25-04-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: font too large
      .Grenville Allen.
      -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

***Top Tips***

Originally posted by meliguin View Post
        ...I want to do one of the London markets - but choosing which one is frightening as the fees are so high......hopefully someone on here will know of a really good one !?!...
        And here it is: Greenwich Market Online

Grenville Allen
        ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
        www.grenvilleallen.com
        .Grenville Allen.
        www.grenvilleallen.com
        Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Cheers for that Grenville as we would be interested in Greenwich also

Comment

Morden/Wimbledon

Originally posted by B's View Post
            Cheers for that Grenville as we would be interested in Greenwich also
            And here ya go:

Dear All,

Well here we are, recovering from the heat of Easter and hoping it will last for the next weekend, We hope you all had a decent Easter and will have a good May Holiday and that it continues through May. I must say that so far this year the moveable Easter has played with the public footfall with us - Wood Green was down around 25% but Colchester was up 35%. The only stable so far has been Knebworth which increased by almost 20% on last year so that shows we are doing something right!

Please peruse our booking form for something that might excite you www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/2011/bkfrm11.doc

We are as busy as usual and have a few spaces (3) for this coming weekend in our marquees although we could squeeze some outside spaces in. We do not know how the extra Bank Holiday will affect us but hope that the locals of Morden and Wimbledon will stir themselves from Royal Wedding super-exposure to join us!

For the 7 & 8 we have the Home, Food & Garden show at the iconic Newmarket Racecourse with cooking demonstrations, wine and beer tastings and the Daily Mail Garderners Roadshow as well. Please let us know very soon if you want to establish yourselves in this new show.

Then we go to Grantchester, a beautiful site on the outskirts of Cambridge, where we had a wonderful traditional show last year with a very favourable profile of visitor.

And in less than a month we are very excited to return to Althorp Estate. We are very close to agreeing a deal with the national Aston Martin Owner's Club to be in attendance as well as some of the very best entertainemt on the circuit which will be heavily advertised - Jousting with the Knights of the Damned, Ye Olde Redtail Falconry Display, The Sheep Show and much, much more. This should establish this event as one of the major in the country's calendar!

Then we are in Maidstone - if you know it you will love it but it will not, in all honesty, be everyone's cup of tea. If you have the right products it should be a stormer. Last year we, in bad to average weather, had around 6,500 so the potentail is excellent.

After that we have a week off (phew!) before The Cambridge Town & Country Show, the county's largest event with around 50,000 coming to a free entry event!

More news later. Please follow this link for a booking form www.oakleighfairs.co.uk/2011/bkfrm11.doc We do hope you find something of interest,
            Charlie & Emma
            Last edited by grenville allen; 27-04-2011, 08:57 AM. Reason: more info
            .Grenville Allen.
            www.grenvilleallen.com
            Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

I spent Saturday afternoon at this lovely little market and was so pleased that we stumbled upon it. We ate the most fantastic macaroons and steak sandwiches while we watched Marylebone pass us by. The setting for the market is just beautiful surrounded by the greenery and with the church in the background. Next time I come I’ll bring some girlfriends as we saw a fabulous array of vintage clothes and new bags and they would have loved it. They even sold shea lipgloss and skincare which amazed me. We met some great characters selling there especially the fashion people and we loved the fact that some of them bring their dogs there. Hopefully this market will just get busier and busier come the better weather as I can’t imagine a more perfect location.

Comment

sorry I am a bit lost, what market are you talking about? A good one or a bad one?
                Beautiful Things by Claire Mackaness

My facebook page http://www.facebook.com/beautifulthi...lairemackaness

My Blog www.beautifulthingsbyclaire.blogspot.com

Class lists and courses can be found at www.clairemackaness.com
                or follow me on Twitter @clairemackaness

Comment

Confused? You will be!

Originally posted by Beautiful Things View Post
                  sorry I am a bit lost, what market are you talking about? A good one or a bad one?
                  PMSL!
                  Not helped when the original comment to this thread has been withdrawn and I've introduced a whole plethora of London related dos to the mix simply 'cos they're London-related. But it's all about keeping one's mind alert, innit? Life would be sooo boring without a bit o' razmatazz.

And related to the 'cabbage' theme, I've just painted a field of 'em with two hares leaping out boxing each other. Now that is mad!

.Grenville Allen.
                  www.grenvilleallen.com
                  Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Dear, Sarahfleet! Please, tell us where the market was located! Maybe you just forgot to write it down ;-)
                    Pia from Sweden
                    No homepage yet...

Comment

If I remember it was Marylebone and this is the link

http://www.cabbagesandfrocks.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X