Cove Devon Market No SAT NAV!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cove Devon Market No SAT NAV!

Any of you who are coming to the Cove Craft fair tomorrow (at Cove Garden Nursery) and relying on Sat Nav don't use it!! We have the same postcode for the whole village and you will end up in the back of beyond, so stick to the A396 and you will see us!
    Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
    Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Well, I set out to try and find you and the first part of the journey went very well. However, after about 20 minutes the printed directions I was using bore no correlation with the roads I was on and I never saw a single sign post for Tiverton! So after an hour of driving around I had totally lost what little sense of direction I ever had and had three times failed to match up what I could see with what was in the road atlas, so I came back to base and am about to have afternoon tea.

I hope you have all had a great day, and if you are there again in two years time when I am down this way again (hopefully) I will make another attempt to come and meet you lovely people.

Linda

Comment

Oh No!! I am so sorry you didn't make it how frustrating for you! Where were you coming from? We've had a really busy day so now have very tired feet!

Comment

I arrived and realised that I had passed the place loads of times as I used that road when I lived on Exmoor and traveled to my kids in Cornwall. Had a really lovely enjoyable day and would happily do a repeat. Financially not the best but that is always a hit and miss thing. Covered costs financially and met some great People.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Agreed, an enjoyable day despite very disappointing sales. The sunshine makes it all okay somehow!
          Leanne Thurston

www.rainbowdaisy.co.uk
          www.facebook.com/RainbowDaisy

Comment

Sorry you guys didn't make more money but despite good foot fall sometimes people don't want to spend. I know what its like I used to do craft fairs a lot and some are good and some aren't. Look at it in the positive, its all advertising for yourselves, you met some nice people it was really sunny! Thanks for coming guys and we never got a group photo!!!

P.S. Should we do it again for August Bank Holiday? Just a floating idea?
            Last edited by HF Glass Lady; 24-04-2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Hi Helen, lovely spot, beautiful weather, fabulous people, good time, so only negitive was the spending public which you can't predict, so four positives out of five is a winner in my book. Thanks for organising it and it was so easy to find even for someone with no sense of direction like me.

August......bring it on.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thanks Mo! Will find out from your neighbour in the barn about marquees for next time, am not so optimistic for good weather in August! Don't think it was too bad for our first effort though and it was really nice to meet you even though we didn't get a lot of time to chat and by the way I forgot to say at the time your cake was really nice could have sold it in the tea tent!!

Comment

We could just have a social ? We all park around the perimeter of the field, bring food for a massive help yourself buffet and all club together for a hog roast in the middle. Entertainment curtesy of anyone with a voice or musical ability or failing that a getto blaster and CD's The lady opposite me ( craft moment forgotton her name, sold cards ) Her husband and daughter are a country singing duo.

I'm up for helping, food, setting out etc providing I get a bit of notice. Could all camp out in the field LOL

Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Sounds good to me. August weather lately is temperamental so I agree we can't guarantee that but it would be good to get a decent social event. I'll second the cake compliment. Had to have tree pieces to make sure though LOL.

Pete
                    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                    Facebook

Website

Comment

I never got cake - sob sob
                      Rosemary
                      www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk
                      www.flickr.com/photos/glitzandglamourjewellery
                      http://www.facebook.com/glitz.and.glamour.jewellery
                      http://www.glitzandglamourjewellery.co.uk/blog.html

Comment

Originally posted by Glitz and Glamour View Post

Oh that is such a shame, it was really really tasty, fruity, soft and a little heavy I am sure you would have loved it

Pete
                        Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                          Sounds good to me. August weather lately is temperamental so I agree we can't guarantee that but it would be good to get a decent social event. I'll second the cake compliment. Had to have tree pieces to make sure though LOL.

Pete
                          Gannet, one of those was Sues !!! That 6ft 5in frame has hollow legs hee hee.

Mo.XX
                          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                          www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Glitz and Glamour View Post
                            Sorry Rosemary but I only made one and it disappeared fast. Will make more next time.

Mo.XX
                            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                            www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Rose but that cake was my breakfast! Maybe next time Mo? And am up for a South West Craft Forum social...what do you guys think it would be fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X