• Show
Clear All

• BEWL WATER EGGSTRAVAGANZA! Good Friday ~ Easter Monday

Good Friday through to Easter Monday
    Bewl Water will be hosting a
    fabulous Gardening, Food and Arts Fair.
    While parents enjoy the fair, children can see
    baby lambs being bottle fed, meet bunnies,
    baby chickens and join in the Easter Egg Hunt.
    Plus on Good Friday and Easter Monday Peppa Pig will be appearing throughout the day!!
    ADMISSION £5 PER PERSON OR
    £15 FOR A FAMILY TICKET PER DAY
    AND UNDER 5’s PAY NOTHING!*

Enjoy our range of water sports & family activities to suit all ages

Have lunch in our newly refurbished "Waterside"

Why not get an annual pass which will give you unlimited admission**
    For further information on opening times and availability,
    contact us on: 01892 890000
    or view our website at www.bewlwater.co.uk
    .Grenville Allen.
    -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Think we shall be popping along to this to have a nose, and see how the crafts are laid out and get some ideas for our first show at Maidstone

Comment

Oh dear!

Originally posted by B's View Post
      Think we shall be popping along to this to have a nose, and see how the crafts are laid out and get some ideas for our first show at Maidstone
      Not up to much as far as we can judge so far. Set up last night and not that impressed. V cramped.
      Grenville Allen
      ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'
      .Grenville Allen.
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Oh that doesnt sound too great hope things are better for you today

Comment

Disaster!

Oh that doesnt sound too great hope things are better for you today
          Ta for this. But no it's as I feared: scored our 1st duck of the yr today so far! Too much bought-in tut and spurious stands doing fortune telling of all things!

Just gotta hope that things pick up on a Sat. They were queuing for yard after yard in blazing heat to see a man dressed as a pig (Peppa Pig) so I don't think it's the venue for us these days. Bewl has always been a touch downmarket but since the new joint takeover of the Hop Farm & this things have got decidedly worse. Appletree Crafts had a good go and we did ok with them but life goes on. Shame.
          Grenville Allen
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          .Grenville Allen.
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Licking our wounds.

Originally posted by grenville allen View Post
            ... scored our 1st duck of the yr today so far! Too much bought-in tut and spurious stands doing fortune telling of all things!

Just gotta hope that things pick up on Sat. They were queuing for yard after yard in blazing heat to see a man dressed as a pig (Peppa Pig) so I don't think it's the venue for us these days....

Which explains why we ended up gutsing on milk chocolate mini eggs (a gift from a relative) and copious amounts of white wine instead of our usual strict 70% cocoa choc, black grapes & bottle of red wine. We could have made far better use of this beautiful weather somewhere more congenial & a lot more profitable for us. Still. At least we had our best March ever.

It's this trying to save costs on fairs that has backfired. Took a gamble & unfortunately it didn't pay off.
            Grenville Allen
            www.grenvilleallen.com
            .Grenville Allen.
            www.grenvilleallen.com
            Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Not good & in fact many stalls are packing up and leaving early but we've managed a few sales today. Much haggling from Indian couple but needs must.

Lets
              NNot good & in fact many stalls are packing up and leaving early but we've managed a few sales today. Much haggling from Indian couple but needs must.

Lets hope this all continues. No Peppa Pig today which helped!

ot good & in fact any stalls are packing up and leaving early but we've managed a few sales today. Much haggling from Indian couple but needs must.

Lets hope this all continues. No Peppa Pig today which helped!

hope this all continues. No Peppa Pig today which helped!
              Last edited by grenville allen; 23-04-2011, 07:13 PM. Reason: blanked out
              .Grenville Allen.
              www.grenvilleallen.com
              Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Sorry to hear that it was a bit of a lame duck for you this weekend and hope the next show makes up for it..

Comment

MUTINY on the BOUNTY

Sorry to hear that it was a bit of a lame duck for you this weekend and hope the next show makes up for it..
                  Eternal optimists, we're still going for it. Last night my wife Hazel & another craft worker ganged up on the organiser & told her how to fill the ever-increasing gaps. We're spreading out now. And I'll be pulling out all the stops! It's forecasted to be 26 degrees today. Peppa Pig's due back but hopefully as a hog roast!
                  Grenville Allen
                  www.grenvilleallen.com
                  Last edited by grenville allen; 24-04-2011, 07:48 AM.
                  .Grenville Allen.
                  www.grenvilleallen.com
                  Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Deserting a sinking ship

...Last night my wife Hazel & another craft worker ganged up on the organiser & told her how to fill the ever-increasing gaps. We're spreading out now. And I'll be pulling out all the stops!...

Dear, dear, dear. About half a dozen stalls left! Everyone told to abandon the forlorn-looking half-empty marquees and set up outside. Look into this but told by chap whose outside pitch we'd been offered ('cos he too was cutting his losses & going) that the queue for Peppa Pig forms right across your stand there. The majority of punters were more interested in seeing the manpig. The chap whose pitch we'd been offered will be driving all the way back to Gloucestershire, skint. Decide on his advice to break down our stall and leave ourselves. Today we've taken £25, putting us overall to about 10 quid off the rent. So best to cut our losses as well. The whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster. An example of how greed can ruin a potentially good show.

Grenville Allen
                    www.grenvilleallen.com

.Grenville Allen.
                    www.grenvilleallen.com
                    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Thanks for the memories. ZZZZZZZ!

Dear, dear, dear. About half a dozen stalls left! Everyone told to abandon the forlorn-looking half-empty marquees and set up outside. Look into this but told by chap whose outside pitch we'd been offered ('cos he too was cutting his losses & going) that the queue for Peppa Pig forms right across your stand there. The majority of punters were more interested in seeing the manpig. The chap whose pitch we'd been offered will be driving all the way back to Gloucestershire, skint. Decide on his advice to break down our stall and leave ourselves. Today we've taken £25, putting us overall to about 10 quid off the rent. So best to cut our losses as well. The whole thing has been an unmitigated disaster. An example of how greed can ruin a potentially good show.

Grenville Allen

www.grenvilleallen.com

Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'

This is one of the semi-decent ones we did: Bewl Water, Kent - Craft forum. And Jules of Apple Tree Crafts came up all the way from Somerset to organise it!

'Course the little ones set up out on the car park by the Lions Club such as this were simple no-nonsense and as it turned out v profitable affairs.

N'er mind. I shall now use the time I've saved by pulling out yesterday to finish a pic and mow the lawn which has suddenly sprouted above our ankles.

.Grenville Allen.
                      www.grenvilleallen.com
                      Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Aw no - i am sorry it didn't pick up yesterday - i am afraid i was one of the ones that jumped ship on saturday - after a loss on the two days and the price of the petrol to get there it was just not worth it!

Trying to stay positive about it but frankly - it wasn't the event that they advertised - market stalls in one marquee with a couple of crafters squeezed in and then fortune tellers next to me in our marquee! The few crafters and artistes in the place didn't stand a chance.

Shame - and a waste of valuable money! i guess you live and learn and my plan was always to test the water with a variety of events this spring - and so far i have never failed to cover my costs - until now!

It was a difficult decision to leave on saturday as i know it would have affected the look of the event - but in the end i have to try to recoup some losses

Hope your next event goes well - fingers crossed it was just a blip!!!

see you at another one soon

Mel x
                        Handmade....with Vintage Style!
                        www.SimplyVintageDesigns.co.uk

Follow me on Twitter: Simply_Vintage
                        and a new blog!! http://simply-vintage-designs.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                        X