Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter Sunday Looming!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Easter Sunday Looming!

    Am out of space in the barn guys! For an event that I envisaged being more of a 'craft boot' it seems a lot of people aren't prepared to be out in the elements! If Easter had been this weekend we'd all be laughing Anyway all of you who are coming up (or down) to Cove Easter am feeling really optimistic, that it is going to be good, anyone else who wants a pitch will have to brave the sunny weather and be outside!
    Website: www.covegardennursery.co.uk
    Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
    Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

  • #2
    Really looking forward to meeting you Helen and all the other crafters, may the sun shine on the righteous, ouuups perhaps shouldn't have said that LOL Sure we will all have a lovely time regardless of the weather.

    Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

    Comment


    • #3
      Im out in the elements rain or more rain... looking forward to it.
      http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

      Comment


      • #4
        All set and raring to go here. Well almost, I am stocking up on small items to attract the paupers LOL. Also waiting for a part for the mini lathe or I will be limited to what I can make when demoing. If you could let us know what sort of space we'll have as well so I know whether to bring 5 or 6 tables (just kidding Helen, though space size would be helpful)

        Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

        Website

        Comment


        • #5
          OOohhh, exciting... can't wait
          Nici

          Website: http://www.goblindreams.co.uk
          Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Goblin-Dreams/33795458652
          Folksy: http://www.folksy.com/shops/goblindreams
          Blog:
          http://goblindreamer.Blogspot.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
            All set and raring to go here. Well almost, I am stocking up on small items to attract the paupers LOL. Also waiting for a part for the mini lathe or I will be limited to what I can make when demoing. If you could let us know what sort of space we'll have as well so I know whether to bring 5 or 6 tables (just kidding Helen, though space size would be helpful)

            Pete
            Sorry Pete am still busy making them!! Tables are 6 by 2 is that enough for your table of wares and for you to be working in the vicinity doing a jig or something..?!
            Website: www.covegardennursery.co.uk
            Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
            Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HF Glass Lady View Post
              Sorry Pete am still busy making them!! Tables are 6 by 2 is that enough for your table of wares and for you to be working in the vicinity doing a jig or something..?!
              Oh you are providing tables are you? I presumed we'd be bringing out own. I will have a small black and decker workmate with the lathe on it to one side and a clear safety partition in front of it (attached like a window) I'll bung a collapsible one in the boot (table not lathe LOL) just in as as well if that's OK as I try and run one down the side of the other in a sort of L shape usually, is that OK?

              Pete
              "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
              Facebook

              Website

              Comment


              • #8
                Just checked out the weather and it's looking like it will be sunny ... very little rain about by the looks of it.
                http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi Helen,

                  I can't remember whether I'm indoor or out - can you remind me please ? not too concerned either way because I do have a Gazebo just need to learn how to use the thing (will bring help with me).

                  Thanks

                  Alex
                  Damselfly Jewels - Natural Gemstone Jewellery

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Is everyone remembering to take an extra sheet or two for covering their tables, etc., whilst they take a potty break every now and then? Have you made "Be Right Back" signs to put out?

                    Receipt books? Bags/boxes? Tax ID permits? Extension cords? Float money, prepackaged snacks, aspirin, bottled water, paper and pen??

                    THROAT LOZENGES!!! You'll be talking a lot...

                    And remember, if you want a lot of people to come into your stall and ask questions, take a big bite of food - it's guaranteed to make them throng in!!
                    Last edited by removed10; 19-04-2011, 07:38 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post

                      And remember, if you want a lot of people to come into your stall and ask questions, take a big bite of food - it's guaranteed to make them throng in!!
                      Or maybe some home made black cherry wine ?... now that last batch i made would definitely cheer them all up and get 'em in a spending mood.
                      http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by potpartner View Post
                        Or maybe some home made black cherry wine ?... now that last batch i made would definitely cheer them all up and get 'em in a spending mood.
                        Now you're talking go down a treat with a slice of date and walnut cake ( whiskey soaked dates just to keep the alcoholic theme going LOL )

                        Mo.XX
                        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                        www.bodrighy.co.uk
                        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Actually, what I meant was that every time I or my husband takes a big bite of food, someone walks in and starts asking questions, and there we are with food hanging out of our mouths and can't talk...it never fails!

                          Yoiks, if you were to have alcoholic beverages in your booth over here, you'd get kicked out on the spot!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                            Now you're talking go down a treat with a slice of date and walnut cake ( whiskey soaked dates just to keep the alcoholic theme going LOL )

                            Mo.XX
                            Please...I love that stuff. Especially if made so it bounces a bit.

                            Pete
                            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                            Facebook

                            Website

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                              Please...I love that stuff. Especially if made so it bounces a bit.

                              Pete
                              All sticky and heavy and full of fruit, the cake not me LOL Your wish is my command Mr B.

                              Mo.XX
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk
                              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X