Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand-made only event - 2 or 3 July in Plymouth

We have some very exciting news!!

Crafty Chicks hope to host their first hand-made only event on Sat 9 or or Sun 10 July, at the gorgeous, revamped Devonport Guildhall in Plymouth.

We're now looking for opinions from crafters who might be interested in trading at the event, to let us know whether they would prefer to trade on a Saturday or a Sunday.

Please either leave a comment here, or email us via [email protected] to let us know your preference by Weds 13 April. Once we have a consensus and have set the date, we'll start taking applications.

Please feel free to pass our info on to any SW hand-made producers and crafters who might also be interested!!

PLEASE NOTE THE DATE HAS BEEN AMENDED FROM 2/3 JULY (IN THE THREAD TITLE) TO THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND, IN ORDER NOT TO CLASH WITH THE WIMBLEDON FINALS!!
    Last edited by muffin789; 06-04-2011, 06:22 PM. Reason: date change

Sarah Gail Designs
    Sarah Gail Designs on Facebook
    Crafty Cat Events
    Crafty Cat Events on Facebook

Would love to support your first fair Sarah but I'm nearly three hours away good luck with it though.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thanks for your support, Mo

We are hoping to hold future events all over the place (well, across the SW anyway!), so hopefully we'll find somewhere that would be more appropriate for you!!

It's very exciting that we've got a date (sort of) set, although I have just realised it's Wimbledon Finals weekend, so we may have to rethink, if it's going to put lots of people off!

Nothing's ever easy...!

Sarah Gail Designs
      Crafty Cat Events

Comment

Likewise it sounds a good one but transport costs mean I'd have to make £50 to cover petrol costs alone. Good luck with it though

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Did a fair there about 14 years ago and it was a nice venue. From memory it is the other side of the road to the main shops and needed well signposting to get people 'over the road'
          Given it's city centre location i guess either saturday or sunday would be busy with shoppers so i don't know what day to suggest ....but i would agree with you that wimbledon finals week would possibly not be the best date to go for.

Depending on stall fees i would be interested in having a stall but, like Pete, i would have a fuel cost issue to factor in as well.

Best of luck with it all.
          http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by potpartner View Post
            Did a fair there about 14 years ago and it was a nice venue. From memory it is the other side of the road to the main shops and needed well signposting to get people 'over the road'
            Given it's city centre location i guess either saturday or sunday would be busy with shoppers so i don't know what day to suggest ....but i would agree with you that wimbledon finals week would possibly not be the best date to go for.

Depending on stall fees i would be interested in having a stall but, like Pete, i would have a fuel cost issue to factor in as well.

Best of luck with it all.
            Thanks

I think you might be thinking of Plymouth's main Guildhall, which is right in the city centre. Devonport Guildhall is about 5 mins away by car.

We will be doing plenty of advertising - local papers, radio, magazines as well as the usual social media - as we really want to get people to come and visit - and buy!!!

Sarah Gail Designs
            Crafty Cat Events

Comment

There's your attraction hire in a large screen TV for the final in the extra space LOL

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                There's your attraction hire in a large screen TV for the final in the extra space LOL

Mo.XX
                HAHA! Good thinking!

We're going to move the event to the following weekend to avoid the Wimbledon clash, just to be on the safe side

Sarah Gail Designs
                Crafty Cat Events

Comment

Originally posted by muffin789 View Post
                  Thanks

I think you might be thinking of Plymouth's main Guildhall, which is right in the city centre. Devonport Guildhall is about 5 mins away by car.

We will be doing plenty of advertising - local papers, radio, magazines as well as the usual social media - as we really want to get people to come and visit - and buy!!!
                  Well we're not booked in for anything that week end so we're interested anyway
                  http://www.dosrodgerspottery.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by potpartner View Post
                    Well we're not booked in for anything that week end so we're interested anyway
                    Good to know

As per my revised opening post, we're now holding the event on 9 or 10 July, as I think going up against Wimbledon might be a bit rash (particularly if Murray does well)

If you're still interested and available, drop me an email with your contact info etc. - [email protected] - and I'll add you to our direct mailing list (promise not to spam you, or pass info on to anyone else!)

Sarah Gail Designs
                    Crafty Cat Events

Comment

We'd be interested in attending. Either day is fine - nothing else planned & only live 5 mins away You should already have my contact details??

Will be nice to meet some other members of this forum
                      Bev
                      Tamar Leather Hand tooled leather gifts that last a lifetime

Also find me on Facebook & Folksy

Comment

My home is on the Isle of Wight, and my goodness I'd love to come but the ferry costs are extraordinarily huge! At the moment I'm temporarily living in Nottingham which is far too far away , so i'm having a tantrum . Goodluck though, I hope it is a brilliant weekend. I have friends at Uni there, so I shall make them go anyway!!
                        Clark Arts,
                        Handmade Jewellery.

http://ClarkArts.etsy.com
                        http://www.folksy.com/shops/ClarkArts

Join me on facebook at:
                        http://www.facebook.com/ClarkArtsJewellery

Comment

Hi Bev - yes, yes I have your info - I'll be emailing my contacts shortly!

Maxine - shame you can't make it, but do please let your uni friends know; I'll be confirming the date within the next week!

Sarah Gail Designs
                          Crafty Cat Events

Comment

Hi there,

I'm a Plymouth based crafter! Would love to come to your event - have sent you a message.
                            Lynda
                            www.folksy.com/shops/devonlycrafts

Comment

Hi, don't know if you've decided on a date yet but I've just seen on Stallfinder.com there is a Summer Craft Market on the 9th July in Plymouth City Centre Piazza, which may influence your decision.
                              Too many beads not enough time!!

www.tamarjewelleryandbeads.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X