The great outdoors!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great outdoors!

Drive into the marquee to unload. Remember to switch off the engine before the carbon monoxide levels become dangerously high and people start passing out.

We dont bother with brollies. Far too cumbersome when one's "stalling out". This is what we use, as if herding cattle. Yee-haa!

.Grenville Allen.
    -------f i n e a r t i s t-----
    www.grenvilleallen.com
    Twitter~Facebook~Blog

I cannot believe it! The Anna me wears a hat like that in the rain and sun. It's a Chilean leather hat my husband bought and I don't know what he did to it but he says it shrunk so I purloined it. I nicked an idea from this great Chinese guy I met indirectly through this forum. I pin little presents people give me onto the hat band. My coat is a waxed jacket from a charity shop. All I can say is works a treat.
    There are two things you can't carry boxes with and stay dry: an umbrella and a cloak.
    The Annie me wears a straw hat (brilliant in drizzle and snow) and a woollen coat.
    Annie www.anniethepedlar.com
    Anna www.littlechile.co.uk

Comment

Roll on summer!

Originally posted by AnnieAnna View Post
      I cannot believe it! The Anna me wears a hat like that in the rain and sun. It's a Chilean leather hat my husband bought and I don't know what he did to it but he says it shrunk so I purloined it. I nicked an idea from this great Chinese guy I met indirectly through this forum. I pin little presents people give me onto the hat band. My coat is a waxed jacket from a charity shop. All I can say is works a treat.
      There are two things you can't carry boxes with and stay dry: an umbrella and a cloak.
      The Annie me wears a straw hat (brilliant in drizzle and snow) and a woollen coat.
      Annie www.anniethepedlar.com
      Anna www.littlechile.co.uk
      Somehow I guessed you'd wear this kind of clobber, Anna.
      'Course my favourite time (as I expect most people's is) is summer ~ a long hot one preferably.

Outfit Eyes Wide Shut copy.jpgfor setting up @ shows — only the shorts were in the wash last time so I wore Hazel's little herringbone hipsters. You won't want to see me in those!

General comment is always "Aren't you cold, Grenville?"

"Nah," I reply. "We're having an Indian summer."

Last edited by grenville allen; 09-03-2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: insert
      .Grenville Allen.
      www.grenvilleallen.com
      Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Summer fun....
        And here I am in my latest wife-beater....

Last edited by grenville allen; 15-03-2011, 12:27 PM.
        .Grenville Allen.
        www.grenvilleallen.com
        Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

Pedlars and Paste Tables

Prone to sag in the middle with age (aren't we all?) but no matter. Speed is the imperative. Fold it out, spread your wares — watches, trinkets, furry animals and such like — and then it's easily collapsed and you're off at a moment's notice. Essential for the pedlar-about-town. Useful to have an accomplice to keep an eye out as in Del and Rodney, latter-day pedlars, of tv sitcom fame.

Grenville Allen
          ____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'

.Grenville Allen.
          www.grenvilleallen.com
          Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

I had 3. I managed to sag them to destruction. Flimsy legs - unlike ours?

I now possess overengineerd monolithlike tressle legs. The tops looks flimsy now. Can't win.

Sometimes I just think what the heck and sit down on the roadside with my baskets all around. Ah the good old days, I sigh. I am as an brush stroke upon the landscape of life.
            Whoa ho ho! I'm looking pictoresque!

Comment

Just lost 25 microsecs off the day!

I had 3. I managed to sag them to destruction. Flimsy legs - unlike ours?

I now possess overengineerd monolithlike tressle legs. The tops looks flimsy now. Can't win.

Sometimes I just think what the heck and sit down on the roadside with my baskets all around. Ah the good old days, I sigh. I am as an brush stroke upon the landscape of life.
              Whoa ho ho! I'm looking pictoresque!
              Anyway, at least none of us has been involved in a bloody tsunami. Now, that's something to be pretty wary of. Don't think we'll be emigrating to Japan or indeed anywhere on a fault line. Which puts me in mind of Jane Attenborough, Richard's daughter, exactly my age and on the same course at uni. Her father has spoken movingly of how he can't bear to celebrate Christmas because of the devastating loss of his daughter Jane and granddaughter Lucy in the 2004 Boxing Day tsunami. They were 49 and 14 respectively. Choh! It really brings it home to you when it's someone you've been acquainted with — however briefly.

Now apparently we've lost 25 microseconds off the day 'cos the earth's shifted on its axis! That's even less sunshine to bask in. And of course mustn't forget the Chilean 'quake which took another bunch of microseconds off.

Grenville Allen

____f i n e__ a r t i s t__
              www.grenvilleallen.com
              Grenville Allen & his cloned 'brother'
              Last edited by grenville allen; 14-03-2011, 03:10 PM. Reason: missing 'quake
              .Grenville Allen.
              www.grenvilleallen.com
              Twitter~Facebook~Blog

Comment

I don't think the commentator realised what he was saying at the time but he started his news shot "The people in Japan have had an earthquake, a tsunami and a nuclear explosion." It wasn't quite all in one day but it was almost.
                It stops you in your tracks. Certainly stops you moaning.

My extended family were in Chile when the earthquake struck. My DIL's sisters clung to eachother thinking they were going to die. The worst bit for us was not being able to contact them. It was three days before we got through by phone. That needs fixing. The mobiles going down after catastrophes.

25 micro seconds lost, eh? Well I never did. Still that's gone on the bottom of my things to worry about list.

Comment

Working...
                X