First Exeter Fair on Saturday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Exeter Fair on Saturday!!

It's the first of our Exeter Craft Saturdays this coming Saturday 4th August.

ECC have organised a caterer, music and face-painting.....which is just fab! And, fingers crossed, this glorious sunshine is set to continue.

I am SO looking forward to Exeter after the disappointment of Sudeley and all the horrible weather....

There are still spaces left - if anyone wants one please PM or email for an info pack!

Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

At least you know the ground will be firm lol. Jules, do you know where they've advertised? What mix of crafters have you got for Saturday? I'll keep fingers crossed for the weather.
    Annette

Comment

Good luck with it Jules. This one was too far for me but I'm sure it will be a good turn out as its such a good location (can't beat the town centre can you!?).

I think the forecast is good too - hoorah!!!
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Annette View Post
        At least you know the ground will be firm lol. Jules, do you know where they've advertised? What mix of crafters have you got for Saturday? I'll keep fingers crossed for the weather.
        Well, it's on the ECC website, it was listed with the bus tour operators, leaflet drops, local papers and possibly local radio. ECC were doing the publicity, that was their job, and I'm sure they've done it very well indeed!

BTW the caterer is a Hog Roast......yum!

We've got a good mix on most days, and ECC have also recruited crafters but I'm not sure who they have, but it should be good.

Jules
        Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Hi Jules,

Really good luck with this one - the weather is supposed to hold accoring to the weather forecast so fingers, toes and everything else crossed for a good one.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I do hope this glorious weather holds, and that people turn up in droves, and that they all put their hands in their pockets and give you lots of money.

Exeter is a lovely city, and with the weather drying up a bit you might get lots of grockles, all itching to spend!

I'll think about you on Saturday.
            Primmers
            www.ExquisiteCards.etsy.com

Comment

I hope it goes well for you and the weather brings out the people in droves!!

Comment

yaaaaay!! just checked weather forecast 21c in exeter tomorrow!! Can't wait!
                http://stores.ebay.co.uk/rubadub-and-beyond

Comment

Good luck guys! I hope it's a huge success! I shall be down in Wroughton at the car show so fingers crossed for lovely weather!!!
                  Beyond Beads
                  Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
                  www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

How did you all get on, did you enjoy it? Tell me, tell me......pleese?
                    Annette

Comment

it was good! (at one point there was a kind of tribal dancing procession marching through the middle of the stalls, which was ....... interesting!?)

made my table money back, and had alot of people asking if i was going to be back next week! The weather was great! i've never had the problem of my soap melting before :-s . Teaches me for not choosing my stall more wisely! Still i have re-planned the positioning of tables for next week! Everyone was lovely, now all i've got to do is get more stock together for saturday!

Comment

Ellie, Jules has posted the photos on the Taunton thread, did you have a choice of where your stall was? After looking at the photos, I'm now bricking it....... did you take extra tables with you?
                        Annette

Comment

yes, i had a choice a a couple of stalls, just didn't think about the sun! (would have been more choice if i'd got there earlier, but had to fit in an argument with hubby before leaving home!) didn't take more tables with me, but looking at other peoples stalls will be next week, as there's plenty of room to have an L shaped stall nearly and double my display area, my plan next week is to try and get the same stall, as im pleased with the location, but try to be tider with my boxes (and daughter) and have the table near to the back of the stall, (so avoiding the sun) and then another going along the side

Comment

Plenty of Space

Originally posted by Annette View Post
                            Ellie, Jules has posted the photos on the Taunton thread, did you have a choice of where your stall was? After looking at the photos, I'm now bricking it....... did you take extra tables with you?
                            I have to admit, when Katie from ECC said 2.5 metres square, I though it wasn't much space...but it's loads. At Taunton you'll have 3mts square!

There's lots of space for an extra table to increase your display, but don't forget your chairs.

I too had a lot of people asking if we were going to be there next week, so fingers crossed said people will come back and buy something. I was very proud of the way my stall looked, but still need a few more improvements - better signs etc and leaflets to hand out.

The tribal band thingy (some suggested it was a religious cult) was just too weird, but nothing to do with our fair! Next week we will have the Jazz band, who sadly weren't able to make it yesterday, and I hope this will bring people over to see what the noise is about. (note to self, do not have stall next to jazz band.....)

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to it, especially as I'll be back to normal. I'm taking Himself's heavy duty painkillers and they do for your concentration! I was sat bolt upright in my chair, with all the noise of a bustling city, falling asleep yesterday. I'm sure I missed customers......

There are still a few spaces for those who'd like one.

Jules
                            Apple Tree Crafts

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hi there,

I've just joined this forum and it's lovely to see so many members that live near me (I'm in Plymouth). Please can you tell me if this Exeter Craft Fair is going to be a regular event (and I haven't quite fathomed where it's held yet) but I'd be really interested to know so that I can pop along some time.
                              Dee

Comment

Working...
                              X