Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATC swap at Hobbycrafts Exhibition, SECC Glasgow

Hi,

Until now all of my ATC trades have been by mail, as I hadn't heard of any "live" swaps in Scotland. I thought the craft fair at SECC, Glasgow (October this year) would be the ideal venue to meet up with some other ATC enthusiasts and have a little swap. I have put a posting on a few forums and I have also sent out an advert to some craft shops in the Glasgow area asking them to display it. With a bit of luck I'll hear from interested people and will coordinate a meeting. If you are interested please get in touch with me at [email protected]

N.B. Even if I don't get any response for the craft fair venue, I've now been invited by someone to meet up for a group swap, which I'm very excited about ...... isn't the internet wonderful!!!

Alison

ATC swap?

Hi there - hollybrown from Edinburgh. I'm a newby to the Crafts Forum. Excuse my ignorance, but what is ATC swap?

I like to make beaded and wirework jewellery, scented candles and am just starting out with making handbags.

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers for now

Comment

Hi Holly,

ATC is Artist Trade Cards - sort of a handmade business cards (best way I can describe them).

Welcome to the forum too.

Cheers.

Lisa
      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Artist trading cards (ATC's) link

Hi Holly,

Welcome to the forum (I have only just joined myself). I'll try to explain a little bit about ATC's .....

They are described as little works of art which are swapped amongst people who make them. They can be made using collage, rubber stamping, drawing, painting, anything really! The only two rules for the making/ swapping of ATC's are that they must measure 2.5" X 3.5" and must only be traded never sold. They are great fun to make and I've swapped with people in several countries. There is still plenty of time for you to get "into" them before the exhibition! They are quite addictive once you start making them. Here is a link which shows lots of examples:

Sorry, I wasn't able to submit the posting with a URL in it. Try typing Art in your pocket:ATCs in a search engine and you'll find a good site.

Hope this helps.

Alison.

Comment

Working...
        X