Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Venue Layouts...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Venue Layouts...

    ...Help me here...

    Having read JBJB's thread, and then watched carefully at BoA on Saturday, I'm trying to think of a better way to lay out the usual rectangular space before next weekend.

    We have to try and avoid this 'left-hand side' syndrome, as otherwise everyone will want to be on the left.....but we need to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance to be seen. There are also crafter's needs, such as wallspace etc to be considered.

    EVERY suggestion will be considered...has anyone been to a craft fair which had a table plan that they thought really worked?

    Jules
    Apple Tree Crafts
    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

  • #2
    Originally posted by Apple Tree Crafts View Post
    ...Help me here...

    Having read JBJB's thread, and then watched carefully at BoA on Saturday, I'm trying to think of a better way to lay out the usual rectangular space before next weekend.

    We have to try and avoid this 'left-hand side' syndrome, as otherwise everyone will want to be on the left.....but we need to make sure that everyone gets a fair chance to be seen. There are also crafter's needs, such as wallspace etc to be considered.

    EVERY suggestion will be considered...has anyone been to a craft fair which had a table plan that they thought really worked?

    Jules

    I attended an art fair some time ago that put all the stands in the middle like a circle. So all the visitors kept going round and round lol because they were not sure were they started lol
    There were 2 circles of stands...like 2 hoops inside each other ~ very clever!
    Debbie
    www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

    Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yep, the last one I went to was a HUGE one and there were 'inner circles' within the outer one. I don't think I was a typical customer cos I had to go up and down each side (as if with shopping trolley heheh!) to make sure I'd not missed anything!!

      But I did think it was a good way to use the space!

      Comment


      • #4
        Could you somehow make "corridoors" with the tables (a bit like a maze), so that they have to follow a set path to be able to get out!!! Not sure how well it would work if the place was packed with people.....
        Blog Website Flickr

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JBJB View Post
          Could you somehow make "corridoors" with the tables (a bit like a maze), so that they have to follow a set path to be able to get out!!! Not sure how well it would work if the place was packed with people.....

          YEAH! keep them in lol. Hubby is a farmer so cattle prods are available on request also

          A MAZE OF ART....lol Amazing art in a maze! sorry, its been a long weekend
          Debbie
          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

          Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

          Comment


          • #6
            Amazing...

            ..I wish we could pen them in, but HSE get a bit funny about that sort of thing. In fact, HSE are a pain in the butt.

            The circular idea is good, except where some people have requested their tables be in a 'L' shape, and the fact that the marquee is rectangular doesn't lend itself to circles.

            A one way system springs to mind, but unless the corridors are very narrow, then people will just meander about all over the place.

            The other thing we have to think about is our risk assessment and the need to evacuate the area safely and quickly in the event on an emergency, or for medics to get in and out speedily if someone collapses.

            It's quite staggering, the amount of things we have to take into consideration, which is probably why the old rectangle inside a rectangle is the arrangement used most often.

            Jules
            Apple Tree Crafts
            www.appletreecraftfairs.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Dammed HSE eh?!!

              If the weather could be guaranteed an outdoor event would be good cos you could then have any manner of layout!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Why not ask the customers to judge a 'Best Stall' competition, and ask them to look carefully at all the stalls?
                Jayne


                "One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Poppy4lee View Post
                  Why not ask the customers to judge a 'Best Stall' competition, and ask them to look carefully at all the stalls?
                  Oooh, that's a good idea - or a "spot the odd one out" competition, ie, one stall has something on it that is completely out of place (a banana or something) and if they get it right .... I don't know about the rest, what could they "win". But they would have to look closely at every stall ....?
                  Blog Website Flickr

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great!!!!!!

                    Originally posted by JBJB View Post
                    Oooh, that's a good idea - or a "spot the odd one out" competition, ie, one stall has something on it that is completely out of place (a banana or something) and if they get it right .... I don't know about the rest, what could they "win". But they would have to look closely at every stall ....?
                    I'll have to think about that (quickly) but you definitely have something there....what about a stall 'treasure hunt' questions about each stall? I might not have time to do something that in-depth, but 'odd one out' sounds very do-able....

                    That is so COOL!!!!! You're stars, girls! Thanks!

                    Jules
                    Apple Tree Crafts
                    www.appletreecraftfairs.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      An easy one to do which is an idea I saw at a small local museum...Children and adults included on this one.

                      All stands had a number to start off with.

                      The museum hid 12 teddy bears around the various stands and all visitiors had to look & put the stand number were they saw the teddies.

                      All papers [only a a4 sheet with numbers 1~12 and space for name and tel number] were handed in and put into a hat.

                      One was pulled out with a prize given...we had fun doing it anyway & some of the teddies had some fun outfits on!...you could hide anything really!

                      Just thought id put in my input if you know what I mean

                      It meant kids n adults alike were looking at all the stands.
                      Debbie
                      www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

                      Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X