Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any interest in a fair in Wragby (lincolnshire) Early Dec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any interest in a fair in Wragby (lincolnshire) Early Dec?

Would like to see if anyone here would be interested in a stall?
    Wragby is a thriving village with a large occupancy lying on the main road from Lincoln to Skegness (approx 10 miles outside of Lincoln)

I am in the process of confirming the venue but would like to see how much interest there will be in stalls.

At present I expect tables to be no more than £8 (to be confirmed)

All proceeds from the organisation of the event and the refreshments/ cake stall will be donated to Macmillan

I will do my utmost to get as much advertising as possible for the event in local press etc
    Merrily sewing away... ooochh oucchhh oh well just another stabbed finger!

** NEW PAGE ** My Facebook Page ** NEW PAGE **
    Find me on Bear Pile

Possible interest from me (and I have a crafter friend who is not a member here who might be interested), but it would very much depend on the date.
    Linda

Comment

at present I'm looking at the 4th or 5th (sat/sun) December as I hope to be at manor lees myself on the 11th so trying to avoid a clash with them.

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

I would have loved to say yes, but cant do that weekend.
        Hope it goes really well though!
        My Facebook page

Comment

One of your biggest problems with organising this event so late, is that most of the crafters, similar to me, will already be booked up for the weekends up to xmas.

There is no shortage of crafters for jewellery, and cards, but everybody else is probably busy now.

Still, best of luck, and if it goes ahead I hope you have a good day. I live near Mansfield,but I know Wragby, and I cannot see why it would not be a success, especially with a bit of advertising to draw visitors from the surrounding villages.

An alternative may be to have a weekday event, maybe a coffee morning with craft stalls, or an evening shopping event.

regards
          John
          www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

well it does now look like we may well shift to an evening event, I know I've left it late in the day but personal circumstance are what are spurring me on to do this for Macmillan.

I will post up properly once I have dates and costs confirmed - our local hall is proving less than easy to book I'm actually considdering trying to take over the pub for an evening now!!

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

4/5 December is doable for me - not sure about my friend. We can't do evenings or weekdays - have to do the paid employment to keep the wolves from the door - sorry!

Keep posting on here on progress and when you've finally confirmed dates/times etc we will see what the situation is.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Linda

Comment

Afraid I can't make that date as already booked up til xmas now. But just a thought, from personal experience evening events don't draw as many folk in as daytime ones. Depends on location and advertising of course but have personally given up doing them, as getting people out of cosy homes on winter evenings is tricky!

Good Luck
                www.tracyfranciscards.co.uk

follow me www.twitter.com/tracyf1971

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...29004627180188

Comment

well nail in the coffin on this, gutted
                  Our town hall is a right pain in the butt to get hold of to book! so abandoning for this xmas as its WAY Way too late now.
                  Pub said no too as they are desperatly trying to get their resturant up and busy again and it was that space I was after.

Thanks all for your imput though, I an going to try to get a regular fair (bi monthly i expect) running in the village next year
                  so shout if you want dibs

Find me on Bear Pile

Comment

I'm not far away just the other side of Horncastle. If you get something up and running; for Xmas, Easter, regular or whatever; please let me know. Badly need somewhere to sell my wares! lol

Comment

Likewise - if you get something set up for the New Year, let me know please, as I am only in Billinghay.
                      My Facebook page

Comment

Still interest from this quarter, but probably won't be able to attend regularly.

Linda

Comment

Hello,
                          Good idea. I would be interested in finding out more about any of these events.
                          I'm in Lincoln, but if a bus goes there I can get there! x
                          http://handcraftedbykayleigh.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X