No announcement yet.

Has anyone heard of Country Markets ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Country Markets ...

hello i was looking on the net for loacl craft fairs Im in Sussex

i was wondering if anyone has worked with Country Markets
    heres there link to there website http://www.country-markets.co.uk/content.php

Last edited by Nicole; 10-07-2007, 03:01 PM.

It uses less room to post a link Nicole.

Comment

I thought i was not allowed to post a link only trying to keep the Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Nicole View Post
        I thought i was not allowed to post a link only trying to keep the Rules!
        Hi, you can post links now that you've posted more than 25times!!!

Ive never been to a farmers market but there are a lot around my area, they are always well advertised and the impression i get is that they are quite strict about the product being hand made which can only be a good thing you won't be competing with cheap stuff.

The other good thing would be I think the customers would be expecting to pay that bit more at a farmers market, rather than the 'craft fair' customers who a lot of the time don't seem to understand why things are more expensive than the local pound shop.
        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Nicole

I don't think a country market is the same as a farmer's market, looking at what it says about country markets you put the items you want to sell with them and they put it with similar items on one table - not sure I like the sound of that, as possibly different quality? And it says you get your money less % at the end of each month - any interest on that?

With Farmers Markets you have your own stall and customers pay you. I must admit I wouldn't like to give control to someone else...
          Annette

Comment

that 10% should be about it

there is No charge though! and if i dont sell anything then i will not losse out to much on hire a table

i Dont know about it yet
            Last edited by Nicole; 10-07-2007, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hi Nicole

The Country Markets are run by the Womans Institute. You don't have your own table and everything has to be packaged & labeled just how they like it, if not you won't be able to sell you items. Also it's mainly fresh produce that is sold here lots of cakes, jams & chuntneys which all of the old ladies have made.

I have sold my chocolates at a Country Market before but found it was a lot of hard extra work for not much reward. Also not many people spoke to me unless it was to get me to move something big & heavy! So if you are going to sell through these markets beware of a huge generation gap!
              Sarah xx

visit my website www.chocolateuphoria.co.uk

Comment

Thank you! you didnt sell much then?

well everyone is Diffrent there aint many 20 odds at craft fairs anyhow
                where are you from?
                Last edited by Nicole; 11-07-2007, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X