Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avalon - October Fair in Swansea - anybody know anything about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avalon - October Fair in Swansea - anybody know anything about it?

I booked with Avalon last year for an Autumn Fair in Cardiff 30th & 31st October 2010. The event got moved from Cardiff to LC2 in Swansea for the same dates. We had the choice to either go to the new location or have a refund but elected to try out LC2.

I am now just checking details for upcoming events and cannot find any mention of this event on the Avalon web site. I have e-mailed Avalon (they have a out of office reply saying they were out until Monday 20th) on wednesday but have received no reply. I have called and left a message on the voicemail but no answer so far.

Having read some of the posts on the forum I decided to check out the LC2 website and there is no mention of the event there. I then called LC2 who say they have no record of any booking for Avalon Events on these dates.

Anyone have any information or know what's going on?

Sounds to me like they are not having an event there this year.

Stu
    Sterling silver jewellery designed and made by Stuart Colclough in Wales.

www.scsilver.co.uk

www.scsilver.blogspot.com

Cymru am Byth.

Comment

When I say I booked last year I mean I booked last year FOR this year so there IS supposed to be an event - I'm just wondering if anyone has any info

Comment

OK looking for some advice.

Have phoned three times and left messages, have e-mailed 3/4 times with no response and sent a letter recorded delivery and no response. They did have an out office response on e-mail to say that they were at craft fairs from last thursday to monday inclusive but that is turned off now so logic says someone must have accessed the e-mail to turn the OOO response off.

Where do I go from here? I am not the only person in this situation regarding the fair in Swansea (30th & 31st October). They have called the venue where the fair is supposed to be held and they have been told that they have no bookings for Avalon on those dates as well.

Frustrated and upset............

Comment

I am having the same problem too. I have also phoned and left messages and emailed him.
          I have also contacted the venue in Swansea and they have no record of the booking either.
          If anyone can give and advice and information I would really appreciate it!
          Thanks
          Nat
          Natalia x

www.spiralcraft.co.uk
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/spiralcraft/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/SpiralCraft
          http://spiralcraft.misi.co.uk

Comment

Oh dear, I'm guessing you've both read this thread http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...ghlight=avalon from earlier in the year?

I know some of them did get their money back in the end so it could be worth ploughing through the entire thread to see what tactics they used to achieve it. Did your recorded letter get signed for SJWS? How about possibly sending another threatening legal action if you don't get your money back within 14 days, alternatively if they have any fairs running in the near future maybe you could both turn up to demand your refunds in person?

Really hope you both get something sorted out.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I am actually doing an event in Ludlow this weekend organized by Avalon at the Ludlow College, so maybe that is why they are not in the office. I emailed them earlier this week regarding confirmation for this event and they did get back to me right away. Not sure if that helps, but thought the info may be of use. I hope this weekends event goes ok
              SofiNos Designs
              www.sofinosdesigns.co.uk
              www.etsy.com/shop/Sofinos
              www.sofinosdesigns.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for that SofiNos. I saw that they were in Ludlow this weekend but I cannot get there to see them in person, maybe I will try and get to another event. I tried calling again this morning but got the voicemail yet again.

I think this behaviour is completely unprofessional, they have £130 of my money (albeit that they have not yet presented the second half of it and I have asked them not to bank the cheque until they have contacted me) and I just cannot get any kind of response from them at all over a period of several weeks.

What address are you e-mailing them on, [email protected]? If you have a different address could you let me know what it is please.

Good luck for the weekend, if you feel comfortable would you just let them know that there is a thread going on this forum, you never know they might actually respond then - don't worry if you don't want to

Comment

Oh dear.

I'm afraid I had a similar problem earlier in the year (I think that was the link mentioned earlier in this thread).

I did get my money back eventually but had to send a recorded delivery letter before any action was taken.

I would just keep trying. I really hope you get a successful outcome.
                  Laura x

http://www.nappycakesbylaura.co.uk

email:- [email protected]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roysto...5?ref=ts&__a=9

http://nappycakesbylaura.blogspot.com

Comment

Well I finally got a response from Avalon. The event has been cancelled due to lack of bookings from stallholders. Just awaiting my refund now.

Thanks fro all the helpful information everyone, I'll post back when my refund arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by SJWS View Post
                      Well I finally got a response from Avalon. The event has been cancelled due to lack of bookings from stallholders. Just awaiting my refund now.

Thanks fro all the helpful information everyone, I'll post back when my refund arrives.
                      Im honestly not suprised they are struggling for booking with such bad feedback from so many people all on just one forum. Their biggest advertising tool is word of mouth and it sure is not working for them.

I hope you get the refund swiftly.

Stu
                      Sterling silver jewellery designed and made by Stuart Colclough in Wales.

www.scsilver.co.uk

www.scsilver.blogspot.com

Cymru am Byth.

Comment

A quick update, still not received my refund and no response to e-mails sent.

Comment

Working...
                        X