No announcement yet.

Public Liability Insurance help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Public Liability Insurance help

    if i want to sell at craft fairs must i have it unless i am asked for it and what is it?im abit confused
    Many thanks

  • #2
    A lot of craft fairs organisers will not let you rent a stall unless you send them a copy of your insurance. Worth having as you could loose your home etc if something goes wrong wtih an item that is bought from you. I am changing mine this year to Air have checked with their broker and it covers all the usual, craft fairs, websites etc does not cover sales to the USA and Canada but providing you note in your T & C's that all products are covered by UK rules of selling, should be okay. Have chosen them because they are the cheapest., several others out there Imber, Wallace and Direct Line are very good.


    • #3
      I wouldn't risk selling at fairs without it. For a relatively small cost, you have peace of mind that you are covered if something does go wrong.

      follow me


      • #4
        Shop around the costs vary a lot, I got mine through the TSB who were very switched on to crafty outdoor things.

        Audrey Xx


        • #5
          I got my PL insurance as an add on to my House and contents with NFU Mutual

          They insured workshop and contents, goods in transit and in exhibition.

          Very reasonable indeed and don't charge a lot for monthly dd either. Possibly cheaper as they aren't paying to be on any of the comparison websites.

          I'll be changing my motor insurance to them too (small business, covers me and goods in transit) to them as soon as it is due- their quote was £70 cheaper than Motaquote!!

          The best thing is that you can go to the local office and talk to a Human Being
          (you can go online too)