Craft fair organising..help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft fair organising..help!!

Hi am going self employed organising local craft fairs and would appreciate any advice or help. Not many in Stoke-on-Trent so thought I would start them up every 2 months.

It will be my first one on 10th October at Moorville Hall, Werrington, Celllarhead, Stoke-on-Trent ..... 11am to 4pm. £10 a table.

Have sorted the venue as you can see.
    have sorted the Public and employability events insurance out.
    Have started to advertise it on my website, shops, venues, facebook and on here.
    However I just want to know whta you crafters or experienced oragnisers write up and give to stall holders regarding booking forms. A template would be brilliant so that I can cover all bases and get the wording right for all concerned.
    can you help?

If interested in the fair just contact me but firstly I just want to get the documents exact.

Mandy x
    "Mother Nature is a crafter, a therapist, and a small business on a large scale.. she presents us with an abundance of opportunities and it's up to us how we use them in our lives "

https://www.facebook.com/JetsunnDesigns

This is from a stall holder's point of view:
    the ones I like are:
    name, address, telephone and email address.
    what are you selling?
    Tables cost blah blah blah.
    How many do you want.
    They come with1/2 chairs - how many do you need?
    Do you need electricity?
    Do you have any special requests - with a get out clause for you in case you can't provide it .
    Please enclose a copy of your PL insurance.

Then when the person has booked it's really helpful if you send them the address of the venue with postcode, and a map, details of parking arrangements, times open from - to set up etc.

It's also really nice if you don't go overboard with officialdom. It does my head in when I'm asked to supply a fire extinguisher because the organiser can't distinguish between Chile and Chilli and thinks I'm afood stall. (Why do I fill in their forms? "What are you selling?" "Toys from Chile in South America" ). There was the hang no smoking notices all over your tent. There was describe what's dangerous about wooly fingerpuppets and the latest one, in a field FULL of tents, ever guy rope should have a big sign saying TRIP HAZARD on it .

Can I suggest you look in the Traders' Section (The Medieval Market box) on www.oysterfayre.co.uk .
    Ted is my most favourite organiser. He puts everything on his website for us.
    So at a glance the stallholder can skim through and get the price of the stall and decide whether or not to apply without wasting time having to contact him first to find out the cost, the date and the venue. The application form is there, the instructions on how to get there is there. He's bliss to use. (He does send us all paper copies as well but that's cos he thinks we're all daffy (which we can be at times)).

Comment

Wow!!! Thanks sooo much that really is very helpful... I think I will deffo look up that website ..
      I have written a welcome pack giving all venue, costing, forms required contact details etc and an application form to fill in stating name . address, website, email, phone, crafts sold, how many tables and chairs... so think I have it covered.

Mandy
      "Mother Nature is a crafter, a therapist, and a small business on a large scale.. she presents us with an abundance of opportunities and it's up to us how we use them in our lives "

https://www.facebook.com/JetsunnDesigns

Comment

Working...
      X