Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I find out about Craft Fair's in Kent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find out about Craft Fair's in Kent?

Anyone know, Sussex isn't too far away or Surrey even just don't know how I would go about finding some close to me
    http://www.berninacavies.piczo.com

Sorry if I've already told you about this site Naomi, but one I always use is: www.craft-fair.co.uk

Look out for threads in the UK Craft Fair section to, as people do advertise craft fairs in this section (maybe try using the search box to see if there are any previous threads about craft fairs in your area).

Hope this helps!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I don't live in Kent but I found craft fairs in my area by looking on creative-crafts on line, or, just put craft and gift fairs into google. Good luck.
      Jayne

"One must have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star."

Comment

that's brilliant thank you I've found one near me in July, now I just need to get myself there, not sure if I'll be brave enough to try selling anything?

Comment

I was terrified, the first time I did a craft fair! I felt that I was being judged through my work, or, if people didn't buy it, that there must be something wrong with it!! But I now realise that I also look at stalls without buying, not because I don't like their stuff but for lots of reason - no money, usually!!

You will be just fine, please let us know how you get on.
          Jayne

Comment

thank you *deep breath* how much stock should I take with me? and what will I need?

I'm going to get a big crisp white sheet and I also need to buy some display items, does anyone have any ideas about how to display things?

I've ordered some see through (clear) ear ring boxes so those can just be laid out in those but I think I'm going to need some necklace and bracelets stands or something?

Anything else I should know / get in??

Comment

How much stock to take? - that's a good question. For me, I make sure that I've got a good selection of my stuff. Before my first fair, I had a trial run of setting everything out on a stall (even took a photo of it, to refer to on the day!) and I think setting it all out gave me a good idea of how much stuff I needed, i.e. so it didn't look too cluttered, or, too sparse. (Having said that, I always end up taking tons more than I need and keeping it beneath my stall ). I take flyers too and I make little scented drawer sachets, to hand out as freebies with the flyers.

You're right about displays, I think it always helps it everything is set out nicely but don't get too many display stands etc. for your first one. I found, to my cost, that the display bit and bobs that I'd got weren't quite right and have bought things since that, I think at least, look better and are more appropriate.
              You can get some good ideas by going 'round fairs and looking at other peoples' stands.

At the end of the day, I really don't think you can go too far wrong if you've got items to sell, some bags to put them in, some loose change and (just in case anyone asks for one) some receipt slips with you name and address on.
              Jayne

Comment

You are totally right I'm going to have to have a mini-set up trial run, I guess I'll take pretty much everything but (as you said) keep some under my table, hopefully things will sell and need replacing!!

Okay don't buy too many display things now see how it goes, and good idea about the receipt dockets hadn't thought of that.

Thank you - you have been brilliant. I'll let you know how I'm getting along in the next couple of weeks, off to make some stuff now!!

Comment

Working...
                X