Organising a Craft Fair in Cambridgeshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organising a Craft Fair in Cambridgeshire

IN Cambridgeshire there seems to be a very limited amount of reasonably priced craft fairs so im thinking of organising my own.

I'm thinking of doing it in the newly opened Corn Exchange in St Ives Cambridgeshire in September/October.

Does anyone have any help / ideas / tips / advice on how to orgsnise and run a craft fair? I don't really know where to start.

And also if anyone may be interested let me know so i could get a rough idea of how many stallholders i could have? (i don't want to organise it and only have 2/3 people interested )
    Last edited by louise54; 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM.

Hiya

I might be interested in having a stall. Though I live in Gloucester my home town is Huntingdon so I could use the excuse to see my mum aswell
    I Love Handcrafted

Handmade Marketplace for the UK - Coming Soon

Join us on Facebook! I love Handcrafted

Comment

I would be interested in having a stall.

Sally

Comment

Hello,
        I'm organising my first craft fayre too. I don't know whether you've seen but I recently posted a thread asking for advice - there are lots of experienced fayre organisers here who I'm sure will be able to help you too!

I'd recommend if you've already got an idea of a venue to find out things like how much the hire of the venue is, whether they have insurance which would cover the event and what other costs might be involved (can they supply tables? etc.) Also, if you can, go to the hall to see how big it is and work out how many stalls you could fit in (that’s what I’ve organised to do in a couple of weeks). You can then work out how many stall holders you'll need/ how much to charge them to cover your costs.

Good luck with organising your event!
        Hazel
        www.hazelfisher.co.uk

Comment

hello there.
          Well done you for haveing a go!
          I may well be able to come along.
          love Donna xx

Comment

Hi

I would definitely be interested in coming along but am pretty much booked up for every Saturday in September so October would be much better (sorry if that sounds cheeky!)
            Laura x

http://www.nappycakesbylaura.co.uk

email:- [email protected]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Roysto...5?ref=ts&__a=9

http://nappycakesbylaura.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks to all of you.

Currently I'm speaking to the Corn Exchange about price/tables/insurance etc so i'll keep you updated

Louise x

Comment

i am intreasted aswell

Comment

I would be interested as well :-)

Comment

Hi would be very interested in having a stall

Debbie x

Comment

And am happy to help with anything else if you need it

Comment

Hi,

I'd be interested depending on dates as going on holiday in September. I live in Peterborough but am orginally from St Ives. Please email me at [email protected] with details as don't check here to often.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Zoe
                        Zoe

www,zrjewellery-facebook.co.uk
                        [email protected]

Comment

Thanks for all the interest

The woman i've been speaking too is on holiday at the moment so I haven't got a lot further about hiring the hall

Will keep everyone informed though when she gets back.

Comment

For organising events location and quality of venue is important. Make sure it doesn't clash with any other big events. Get a good range of intertesting quality crafters who will want to return and importantly make the public return. Get some good demonstrators and even offer some free space. Posters, local newspaper adverts, leaflets etc to promote it. Avoid padding out the event the bought in gift merchants.
                            Good luck LC

Comment

Hi I live in Northamptonshire so might be interested in coming as thats not to far for me.
                              Helen, jewellery designer and a love of all things Swarovski crystal

Gemseternal
                              facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X