feedback from craft fair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback from craft fair

I had two stalls at a craft fair in torquay on sunday and it was very disappointing. One stall selling greeting cards didnt sell anything at all and my other stall selling craft products sold stuff but i only made enough to cover the costs of the two stalls. i was very disappointed but apparently it was the quietest its ever been known according to everyone else who was there. But still it was a good experience, i made some good contacts, got my name advertised and learnt a lot from others. I think i will probably do another one but only selling the craft products.
    best wishes Pauline Thorn
    www.crafty-bits.com
    Craft products for all you crafty people

Hi pauline,

I'm sorry to hear that...
    August is always a funny month in my opinion... Many friends attend craft fairs and all of them seem to go one way or another..

Hope your next fair works will...

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Re: feedback from craft fair

I did 4 craft fairs this year and exactly the same happened, only covered the cost of the stalls.... Some stalls like jewellery and food I think do usually quite well, the rest I think is 'touch and go'.....
      I love talking to other stallholders and passers by, I think it's a great day out in a way! ..although costly...
      Good luck for the next one!
      Bea
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

August is a bad month for selling it seems...

We did our market yesterday (see previous post for details) and my jewellery sold quite well, but the card making stuff and cards didn't make much.

We did a stall last year in August at a different market and our takings went down compared to other months.

It must be the fact that most people have either gone away on holiday at the moment, or they've just paid for one, so they're broke!

Things should pick up next month, and then before you know it, it's Christmas... Where does the time go?!

Good luck everyone who is selling this month!

Diane.
        www.paperflowercards.cjb.net - (see the Our Market Stall section.)
        Visit www.paperflowercards.cjb.net for affordable card making supplies.

Comment

all the fair have been down in 2008, about 20% from our experience.

Comment

This thread was 2005.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Working...
            X