Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to advertise my Fair?

Hi all,

My fair's coming up soon and i'm trying to decide the best ways to advertise!

Jules you mentioned that radio and papers weren't really worth it is that true?

I only have a limited budget so can't go all out on expensive advertising.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

O and if anyone who has a booking wants to send me some pictures to use on my posters then please do - you have to hurry though as i'm planning on finalising this weekend!!
    Beyond Beads
    Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
    www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Posters and more posters..

Signs.. on lamp posts..

And most important imho is flyers on the day..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

That was my opinion.

I was planning on flyering the main shopping area in Bristol the week and weekend before.

There is a tesco opposite and a leisure complex next door to the venue so perhaps having someone hand out flyers offering free tea coffee at those places would be a good idea! Thanks! I wouldn't have thought to flyer on the actual day!
      Beyond Beads
      Handmade Beaded Jewellery for all occasions

[email protected]

www.beyondbeads.co.uk
      www.myspace.com/beyondbeads

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondBeads View Post
        That was my opinion.

I was planning on flyering the main shopping area in Bristol the week and weekend before.
        IMHO save most for on the day... If its free to get into then most people won't book time to go to the fair but happen to find it on the day..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

E-mail flyers to all the stall holders who will be attending the fair so that they can send them out too. I like this because obviously as a stall holder you want people to come and spend money.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
          Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

As its at a school is there any way of informing parents about it - e.g. school newsletter? Will email you my pics now Laura!!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for this thread, I was thinking the same thing.

I thought about looking at how much an ad would cost in the local, putting posters in all the local shops, especially the craft shops.

Comment

hi there,

I've resently organised my first craft fair and i had lots of people there through crafty advertising. As i had little budget to spend,( as the cost of the hall was so much) so i held it on a day, when there was another event going on in the same area and put loads of posters and signs up on the day, for people to follow. I also took a photo of myself and a member of 'St John' ( for whom i gave any profit to((£230.00)) outside the venue, and sent it along to every paper within a 20mile radius with a piece of writting about the event. Nearly all of the papers published it, some even rang for more details and so i got 1/6 of a page FREE advertising, a great sucess. (i find most people only look for pictures anyway).

It definately worked for me and i would use this again.

Hope it works for you
                Sharon
                Quirky items from a MAD family.

Comment

Working...
                X