Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check the organiser out before you sign up for a craft fair.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check the organiser out before you sign up for a craft fair.

Please note that although the crafts forum is happy for craft fair organisers to appeal for stall holders to join them at their events, the Crafts forum does not reccommend or endorse those that make contact through the forum. If you choose to attend an event or sign up, then you do so at your own risk.
    It's always worth looking up the organisers name either on the craft forum by doing a search using the box at the top right of the forum or alternativly googling the organisers name.
    There are some organisers that seem to court bad publicity and by taking the time to do a search, you may save yourself a lot of wasted time.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Good point well made! Its the old adage - Buyer Beware...
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

The same goes for buying anything on line - always check for a geographical address and land line phone number - a requirement by law.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
        The same goes for buying anything on line - always check for a geographical address and land line phone number - a requirement by law.

Jane
        After the concert ticket **** mentioned in the news this morning, they highlighted that the site concerned had no address or telephone number displayed and warned people not to buy from sites that do not display the latter. Think this has come up before Jane and worth mentioning again.

Comment

Thank you! I completely agree with anything said.

I suppose because the majority of us are honest, we don't give a thought that others might not be, so I must remember to check on each website for an address and phone number in future,
          Diane
          Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Yes, its easy to think you need to attend everything in sight when you're starting out, but it definately pays to be a bit more aware

cj
            www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
            Become a facebook fan
            Check out my blog

Comment

thanks for the advice thats really good.

Comment

I agree. I am an organiser and one of the honest ones, although i dont have my landline advertised as its my home number and there are people i don't want having it (Personal reasons) but i do have a fairs mobile number and an address and webiste/email. But there seems to be a large number of organisers who seem to take advantage and take people's money and not put on the event or not inform them of changes ect.
                Sparkles Events
                www.sparklesevents.co.uk

Comment

Katie60 where do you run your fairs?
                  Jean, Talking Beads
                  http://jeantalkingbeads.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm with katie, I don't advertise my home number because people seem to think they can call any time day or night. If people are serious and meet my criteria then all information on how to contact me is given them. Like Katie I am one of the honest ones who tries to do my utmost where my crafters are concerned. It's such a shame that there are rogues out there as it means that some people will treat all organisers the same way if they have been burned by one.

The number of time wasters I get is unreal, but I am still polite, despite how I may feel inside.
                    Diane
                    Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

I am not an organiser, I am a crafter, and I too only have my mobile on my website,

My landline is my home number, and although I work from hiome, I want to try and keep the two seperate, plus, if the landline rings, then anyone in the hours could answer it, and I don't want to subject anyone to having to talk to my kids, plus, what does it sound like to hear soem kid on the other end screming for mum?

As to my mobile, well I am pretty much the only one that answers it anyway (helps having one that no one else in the house knows how to work)
                      www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Originally posted by talkingbeads View Post
                        Katie60 where do you run your fairs?
                        Hey, i organise them in norfolk.
                        Sparkles Events
                        www.sparklesevents.co.uk

Comment

I had an organiser not turn up and not advertise the fair, had I googled the neame I would have saved myself alot of time and effort as apparently it's happened on quite a few occasions before too - it's so sad as the location looks good and pulls in the sellers, but because of a lack of advertising hardly any buyers turn up!

Don't forget to submit your craft blog to Craft Blog UK!
                          A directory for crafty bloggers and lots of blogging tips too
                          Facebook page - keep up to date with news, there's always something new in the world of blogging and social media!
                          G+ Page - it's new but already busy!
                          @craftbloguk on twitter - chat chat, tweet tweet!

Comment

I have a mobile number only on my website too. A phone number is not required by law but a geographical address IS
                            Bedecked Beads-Handcrafted Jewellery from Scotland

http://www.facebook.com/bedeckedbeads

Comment

With regards to the phone number, most of us if not all now have broadband and you get a number with this, that is the one I use for business. My home number is only given out to friends and family. A lot of companies now use broadband for calls as can work out cheaper, depending on your package.

Comment

Working...
                              X