The Handmade Christmas Fair - Coventry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Handmade Christmas Fair - Coventry

Hi, Just putting out feelers as to if anyone would be interested in holding a stall at a Christmas Craft Fair in The Central Methodist Hall in Coventry City Centre (in the main shopping area). I have applied to hold it for 17 November, but this date is not available, so am thinking about Saturday 24 November. Stall prices will be 30 pounds for a 6ft table plus 5 pounds for electricity (recommend to have lighting, it really helps sell!), and am looking at having approx 20 stalls, only two or three of each kind of craft maximum.

If anyone is interested just let me know...I don't want to confirm booking yet until I have at least 10 stall holders, at the moment I have 3 definates - jewellery, bags/childrens keyrings etc and shabby chic style furnishings, wooden hearts etc...

All crafts have to be handmade and high quality, so I will be requiring photos of your work or website to view etc.

Thanks alot, and Hope to hear from anyone interested!

Laura
    Last edited by silvercatdesign; 31-05-2007, 03:55 PM.

£40 seems a little steep for 6ft...
    Steph http://www.handmadeheaven.biz
    Contemporary, fun, funky fused glass gifts, art and jewellery

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

Good point...

I was umming and aaahing about the price,

Its a prime city centre location, near christmas and I am planning to do alot of advertising and make no profit from it. I know I have pay between 40 and 100 pounds a day for fairs, just in summer...

But I will change it to 30 pounds plus 5 pounds electricity then.

Comment

it's up to you what you charge but it was just my first thoughts

BLOG: http://glassygoodies.blogspot.com The life, times, work and waffle of a fused glass artist...

Comment

I MIGHT be interested. I would have to work out long it would take for me to get there. petrol cost etc to see if it's worth it for me. I don't have much luck selling at craft fairs so have decided to do ones only at xmas and ones not too far away, as I always end up losing out. Sorry, don't mean to sound negative! It's just me and my mosaics - people don't buy them !!
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Hello
            Same here, if I work out how far and how much it would cost petrol wise then I may be interested.
            Christmas fairs are lovely to do, especially if theres a great atmosphere.
            I handmake cards and have just started on making handstiched toys etc! and of course the baby gifts too. All handmade by me though
            Deanne x

My daily goings on
            My online store
            My monthly craft group

Comment

thanks!

Glad to hear that you may be interested, i understand the whole distance thing, I travelled so much last year for christmas fairs, sometimes over an hour and half, so this year I thought why not organise one nearer to home!

Coventry is unknown territory for crafts, there have been NO craft fairs really good ones anyway since I have lived here (3 years). So it could be a great success! I know that people are interested in good quality gifts and the more affluent areas are not far away, like kenilworth, leamington spa & warwick. (all of which I will be advertising in)

Its a city centre location too, so will get lots of passing christmas shoppers. I am planning to have live christmas music too, as the hall as a small stage. Possibly a local choir and some bands doing carols etc. Not constantly though, as this can be sometimes annoying when trying to speak to customers! hehe.

Also the cafe at the front of the building will be serving christmas snacks, mince pies etc, and all stallholders will receive free tea & coffee.

I have lots of ideas for advertising, and will be having friends giving out flyers around the city during the day too.

Hopefully all in all a great shopping & selling experience!

Comment

I found the christmas fairs I did really well at last year were held in the evening...... They were advertised as Christmas shopping evenings - free wine etc

Something magical about it being dark outside etc.....

Just a suggestion?

Sounds lovely with the live choral music etc - too far for me though and I've got something else booked.

Good luck with it
                Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Think About It......

Originally posted by handmadeheaven.biz View Post
                  £40 seems a little steep for 6ft...

There are venues, and there are venues. We've paid as little as £30 per day for venues...but were recently quoted as much as £1300 per day plus VAT...

£40 for a space isn't that bad. Unless you are organising it, it's very difficult to know exactly what the organiser's costs are. Publicity isn't cheap......amonst other things like paperwork etc. And of course, the organiser's time shouldn't be classed as 'free'....

Jules
                  Apple Tree Crafts
                  www.appletreecraftfairs.com

Comment

like i said, it was just my first reaction. it's more the methodist hall location i think for that price that got me thinking. i'm sure it'll be a great fair so i wish you all the luck with it

Comment

Hi I would definately be interested in this fair as Coventry is not too far away from Leicester. Let me know all the details when you have them.

Sarah x
                      Sarah xx

visit my website www.chocolateuphoria.co.uk

Comment

HI
                        I could well be interested in this as Coventry isn't too far away. Would certainly like details when you have it all worked out - would need pricing for 12' table please!

Thanks
                        Heidi
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/2919135...7621334751669/
                        https://www.coriandr.com/shop?seller_id=886

Comment

I am interested, I could do with booking up with fairs for christmas, I'll at least have something to aim for then! lol I'll probably still leave it all till the night before as usual...
                          I sell handmade occasion cards, baby gifts and have just started on stitching my own toys/display gifts.
                          Deanne x

My daily goings on
                          My online store
                          My monthly craft group

Comment

Update!

Hi, Just enquiring if you all think maybe 24th November is a bit late for a Christmas Craft fair? I can enquire about 27th October instead? Unfortunately I wanted to do it for 10th or 17th November, but I am away for a wedding for 10th and they are booked for 17th November.

On the other hand, Late night Christmas shopping starts on Weds 14th November, and Coventry's Christmas lights only get switched on on Sunday 18th November, so it would be the following Saturday! I think that will get people in the mood too!

I think that November is quite a good mid way point, as some people will have done their shopping while others will be a bit panicky and wanting to have it all sorted! so they will make quicker decisions?

Any thoughts?

I'm quite excited at the response I have had so far! Hoping it will be a regular event! and perhaps more during the year of 2008 if all goes well!

Comment

I think either are good dates - people start thinking about xmas early, although i supppose the end of of November will mean that they are more in the Christmas mood???
                              Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X